Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > Brimshack

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

Pet Politics and Symbiotic(ally Dysfunctional) Relationships

Posted 02-23-2008 at 04:59 AM by Brimshack
Updated 02-23-2008 at 06:29 AM by Brimshack

Okay, so I'm still getting used to my new job, Community Relations with the local Humane Association. It's a whole new range of political angles for me, not to mention a new work regime. Yesterday was kind of a watershed day, and I sometimes think with my keyboard, so ...a post is born.

Part I (Ooh! I am long winded, I have to break this up, er... a title) ...Um, Part I: A Dilemma is Born

(Two figurative births already, and I haven't even started.)

First,...
Northier Than Thou
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Rituals of Binding and Rituals of Healing

Posted 09-08-2007 at 04:41 AM by Brimshack
Updated 09-08-2007 at 07:35 AM by Brimshack

Okay, so it's been a long damn time since I was serious about anything academic. Somewhere between the usual academic bullshit and all the politics of working on an Indian reservation, I let my bitterness overwhelm the fascination I once had for Native American history. The career prospects all but gone at this point.

I find myself occassionally trying to look back at stuff I once planned to include in a dissertation, publications, etc. I find myself trying to think what I had in...
Northier Than Thou
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Very well then...

Posted 09-05-2007 at 09:24 AM by Brimshack

Okay, so I was going to add a small bit of bloggitude to my last entry. By that of course, I really mean to suggest that I was actually going to modify my first entry, because of course it was not only my last entrt, but also my first one. This is not to say that the entry was my first and last one, because that would imply more emphasis on the lastness of the pair-part structure first-last thus generating a vision of the absolute finality that only certain kinds of firstness convey whereas in fact...
Northier Than Thou
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I can has blog?

Posted 09-05-2007 at 09:02 AM by Brimshack

Aha!

At last, I have a blog of my own. MY VERY OWN! I tell you it is a good thing, this blog-o-mine. It is a good blog. It is a good blog, because it is MY blog. A blog of my VERY OWN.

I shall now contemplate the things which I wish to bloggerize with MY BLOG. Indeed, tis a great responsibility, the very concept of this thing. In due time, shall I return with great bloggings. Should no one read it, I will be fin with that, because you see I shall be content in the...
Northier Than Thou
Posted in Uncategorized