Go Back   Freethought Forum > Blogs > Curses! Foiled again!

Random recipes, ranting, and other various things that begin with "r".
Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

I forgot about blogs!

Posted 11-29-2007 at 07:12 PM by curses (Curses! Foiled again!)

It looks like I have a lot of reading and commenting to do.

I just bought my husband the coolest book for Christmas. It's Frank Lloyd Wright in Pop up. It's full of popup buildings, it's soo cool :excited: I also furthered my gargoyle and egyptian cat collection. Hooray for "antique" stores.

Also..we've finally figured out what's wrong with my car. The whole entire hybrid system is shot. Now I'm 500 miles short of the end of the electrical system's warranty,...
Coffee, tea, anti-Nazi
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

In which I wonder...

Posted 11-07-2007 at 09:56 AM by curses (Curses! Foiled again!)

Is there a law that states that any sort of electronic device that makes a high pitched chirping noise to alert you to a low battery state always runs out of batteries between 12AM and 4AM? Cause nothing beats trying to figure out where the beeping's coming from at 3:30 in the morning.
Coffee, tea, anti-Nazi
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

I almost have working internets momentarily

Posted 10-21-2007 at 10:08 PM by curses (Curses! Foiled again!)

but I think our modem's going out on us. It'll be several weeks if not months before we can replace it, so I'm going to be very intermittent online. So if anyone asks, that's what happened.

In the meantime, I'm working Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat 6am to 4.30pm so I'll be unreachable on these days (no internet at work and I'm not allowed to have my cellphone with me).

Tues, Thurs, and Sun are recovery days, so I'm not going to be barrels of fun for awhile.

Coffee, tea, anti-Nazi
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

The wonder that is barbeque.

Posted 10-03-2007 at 06:40 PM by curses (Curses! Foiled again!)

I think there's only one thing that keeps me from full-blown vegetarianism. Barbeque. Now I'm not talking chain restaurant "bbq" or even what you cook on the grill. I mean hole in the wall, blues-playing, smoke smelling barbeque. The kind of meat that you have with sweet tea and white bread. The kind of place that has a secret recipe for both its spice rubs and brunswick stew. The kind of place that would be just as at home with sawdust on the floor as it is with bare concrete....
Coffee, tea, anti-Nazi
Posted in Uncategorized
Old

Resumes.

Posted 09-21-2007 at 12:39 AM by curses (Curses! Foiled again!)

Yes, resumes. We all hate writing them. The only thing worse than updating your resume is writing a cover letter. This is why I stick with jobs I hate for years on end. Fuck resumes.

I've been given inside info about an IT position opening up in the company I am temping with. The ops manager gave me the nod and told me to bring in my resume tomorrow. I have one written, but I'm not very pleased with it. It seems I don't really know how to sell myself well in writing. I think...
Coffee, tea, anti-Nazi
Posted in Uncategorized