Freethought Forum Freethought Forum

Freethought Forum (https://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lifestyle (https://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Babies in bars. Slash restaurant and bar (https://www.freethought-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30658)

Miss Shelby 03-08-2024 10:33 PM

Babies in bars. Slash restaurant and bar

I just watched a video that went viral over the weekend where this Reese Witherspoon want to be hag (probably childless and will remain so) confronted a lady who was paying her tab to leave the establishment. She was calling her an idiot and telling her to get her fucking baby out of the bar.

It appeared that the establishment served food and had a bar. We used to visit a kid friendly restaurant/bar when my kids were little and I remember this one tool - (I mean he was a muscle head cuckold) making comments about my kids and it was bothering him. It was dinner time.

I would post the article but it’s from the Daily Caller which is right wing and I don’t want that to overtake my point. But HALF of the comments were in support of this drunk bitch.

I mean, is it wrong to take kids out to eat in an establishment where people also go to get wasted? And I am NOT talking out of control behavior while the parents drink. I mean normal babies/ kids being kids having dinner.

Miss Shelby 03-08-2024 10:34 PM

Re: Babies in bars. Slash restaurant and bar

I guess I may as well post the article

LarsMac 03-09-2024 12:09 AM

Well, the Mrs and I never took our kids to a bar, but we took them to restaurants that also served booze, a number of times.
As long as the kids don't get shitfaced, I don't see where it is anybody's business.

specious_reasons 03-09-2024 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarsMac (Post 1398578)
Well, the Mrs and I never took our kids to a bar, but we took them to restaurants that also served booze, a number of times.
As long as the kids don't get shitfaced, I don't see where it is anybody's business.

I've never taken my kids to a bar as such, but we've gone to a few places where it was a restaurant in name only - basically a bar that allowed all ages and served food.

Qingdai 03-10-2024 05:30 AM

Pubs, pizza and beer, seems pretty normal here.

slimshady2357 03-10-2024 09:48 AM

I misread the first line and thought this was actually about Reese Witherspoon :lol: And I was sure she had kids, so I had to look it up.

Anyway, over here you wouldn't blink an eye at kids being in a pub that served food. A lot of pubs even have kid's menus.

seebs 03-10-2024 10:38 PM

Why would I care about someone having their kid in a restaurant that serves booze? I don't expect them to serve booze to a baby, but I don't think that means they can't go there? It's not like the bartender is gonna just spontaneously pour whiskey in the kid's drink.