View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 09:07 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Default Re: Diversifying my listening habits is adding more nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonDee View Post
I like the This Week in Trek podcast. Little to no woo-woo to be found there. Other than that I have no other recommendations since I mostly listen to podcasts for sleeping.
I do that, too, but I have to be careful, lest I end up using a true crime podcast as some kind of guided dream meditation. Ask me how I know.

So I have to be careful not to listen to anything too gruesome or too interesting, but still engaging enough that my mind doesn't wander.

There were a few older podcasts I liked that were intentionally boring for those purposes, like Bedtime EULA and the Insomnia Project, but neither one is doing new episodes anymore, and I've listened to existing episodes enough times they stopped working as well.

Bedtime EULA is just a guy reading End User Licensing Agreements (sometimes, I'd start getting mad about how intrusive they were, though). The Insomnia Project was two non-expert people talking about really mundane things for about half an hour. Like they have episodes called "Math, Indexing & Nail Care" and "Trains, Wallpaper & Office Supplies." I want a new podcast like that.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (06-16-2021), Stormlight (09-20-2021)

Page generated in 0.15003 seconds with 11 queries