Thread: Bitcoin thrad
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2014, 06:34 AM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Default Re: Bitcoin thrad

An interesting interaction with the TSA including their confused hunt for physical bitcoins.
The TSA is looking for Bitcoin - Daily Anarchist
I see your bitcoinI turned back to the orange shirt and asked “What did the Bitcoin look like?” Bill chimed in and told the agent that what he was saying was impossible because Bitcoin is digital and doesn’t have have any physical manifestation. You can’t “see” Bitcoin. The orange shirt said they looked like medallions or tokens. I said I didn’t understand what he was talking about, and he simply repeated, in a child like way, that Bitcoins are like metal tokens. I told him that I didn’t have any tokens.

...Here’s what I think happened from their perspective. Obviously, the TSA has been trained, although poorly, to look for Bitcoin. They are apparently now trying to catch money launderers in addition to terrorists, and large tubes of tooth paste. My hoodie is probably what caught their attention, and everything after that received extra attention. When they saw all the metal lapel pins in my bag they probably thought they hit the jackpot on a stockpile of Casascius coins. Whatever training they had it probably included that stock photo of brass tokens everyone uses. My evasiveness only quickened their blood lust, as they imagined a big bust, and possibly a promotion down the security track.
Thanks, from:
Adam (03-03-2014), Dragar (03-05-2014), Ensign Steve (03-02-2014), Janet (03-04-2014), LadyShea (03-02-2014), The Man (03-02-2014)

Page generated in 0.15166 seconds with 11 queries