Thread: News Miscellany
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2023, 12:56 AM
mesospheric bore

Default Re: News Miscellany

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragment View Post
I admit that a couple of months ago I started thinking she could probably use a break and that round about now would be the time to make that decision, givien the upcoming election. It's been a pretty tough five years to be leading our little country.

Worth mentioning the extreme misogyny she's received from some of my fellow citizens. And across the world, to some extent. Almost as if there's a global movement to tear down both women and any politics that values empathy.

Next question is whether the Labour party caucus will elect the energetic, capable and charismatic Māori lesbian to be next PM. Spoiler: they probably won't.
Caucus quietly decided to unite behind one candidate. He probably hits the energy and capability buttons but not particularly inspirational.

Tough task ahead to pitch the party as both steady for navigating tough economic times but with meaningful new policy for improvement.
Ensign Steve (01-21-2023), JoeP (01-21-2023), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-21-2023), LarsMac (01-21-2023), lisarea (01-21-2023)

Page generated in 0.17741 seconds with 11 queries