View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:18 PM
Spiffiest wanger

Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
So you're now saying that we wouldn't see the Sun the moment it was "turned on," but would have to wait 8 1/2 minutes, for the light to reach us?

Because in the experiment, they measured the speed of light by timing how long it took to see the reflection of the light bulb. (And thus neatly demonstrating that we don't see it immediately.)
No, this is not what she thinks. She still thinks what Lessans wrote -- even though the experiment above disproves what she thinks.

It's incredibly (p)tarded. She thinks if the sun is turned on at noon, we would see it immediately, but we wouldn't detect the photons form the sun until they arrived at earth eight and a half minutes later -- which means we couldn't see our neighbors for eight and a half minutes after the sun was turned on, but we would see the sun immediately when it was turned on.

It still boggles me when I think about this, and how someone could dream up something so obviously senseless.

Anyway, the experiment that specious_reasons explains show that we would NOT see the sun immediately when God turned it on, and that Lessans was wrong. She still does not and will not get this. This is also why she won't talk about my example of sending spacecraft to Mars.
Thanks, from:
The Lone Ranger (05-05-2012)

Page generated in 0.40747 seconds with 11 queries