View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 10:08 PM

Default Re: A revolution in thought

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
I gave you the link to the science of photography twice and I used the words optics, angle of view, subtended angles, etc. multiple times, and I posted an image of the Pinwheel Galaxy at least three times and asked you if it is an "exact image"; you could have searched the terms or at least did some Wiki jumping to educate yourself but instead you act like all this is handwaving. You didn't even read the Lone Rangers essay on sight.

I am frustrated because you refuse to lift a finger to attempt to understand what people are saying to you.
I have lifted a finger. Just because I didn't see the links you provided in the last couple of pages because I started on this page first (which isn't the best idea, I realize that), doesn't mean I have not tried to understand what people are explaining. It is also true that I am doing my best to see if what they are saying renders efferent vision impossible. So far I haven't seen that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea
You grew up being spoon fed the truth according to Lessans and thinking eating pudding is proof and now expect people to be able to condense hundreds of years of acquired knowledge into a couple pages.
Why are you being condescending again? The saying, "The proof of the pudding is in the eating" is absolutely true. That's all about the empirical evidence. Maybe you didn't understand what that idiom meant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl
You must feel cornered if you are now joining the ranks of your fellow groupies. This discussion is not going to be resolved here, but if it makes you feel better to call me names because it reduces your cognitive/dissonance regarding your worldview, then at least you know where it's coming from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea
This is total projection. I don't feel cornered, I feel like I am talking to a child who insists a mule is a horsey because he/she can't comprehend the differences yet and only sees the superficial similarities.
LadyShea, this is not a projection. You never called me names before. What am I suppose to think other than you're beginning to imitate what everyone else is saying.

Page generated in 0.11677 seconds with 11 queries