View Single Post
Old 07-17-2020, 08:05 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Default Re: Fucking right wing death cults

Yeah, I found out about Qanon when a now-former friend started posting Pizzagate adjacent stuff some time back. So I got curious about why that was bubbling back up and discovered that. That and the anTIfa raids are kind of my special pet interests these days.

Because seriously, there's some mad shit going on right now, and I don't entirely get it. I do get that there are a lot of factors involved, and it's crazy how they've all dovetailed. The Overton window is on the whole other side of the house now, people are unemployed and sitting home all the time developing mean world syndrome from their own personal bespoke news cycles, so every time they do leave the house, they're primed for fighting. Including me. I prep myself every time I have to go anywhere because I don't know when someone is going to try to spit in my face or something.

And there's a recurring theme where people are summoning crazy violent extremists to settle their shit. Whether it's those white supremacists pretending to be Antifa to get violent bikers and militia and shit to descend on small town BLM marches, or aggrieved white people calling cops on black people, knowing they might kill them.

This Qanon shit is the same deal, pretty much, radicalizing mentally ill people into lone wolf vigilantes.

It's hard to stay rational anymore. I get that. But I am constantly surprised by just how fragile that was for so many people.
Thanks, from:
Ari (07-18-2020), Kyuss Apollo (07-19-2020), Qingdai (07-23-2020), Sock Puppet (07-17-2020), SR71 (07-17-2020), Stormlight (07-17-2020), The Man (09-06-2020), viscousmemories (07-19-2020)

Page generated in 0.16014 seconds with 11 queries