Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shelby View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by disobey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickthinks View Post
Okay.

:popcorn:
I have heard it said that those who forget history are doomed to repeat it. You can expect even worse if the history you think you know is a bunch of bullshit to begin with. Now, if you worship satan, I don't suppose things getting worse would be a problem.
I don’t think that people necessarily forget the bad stuff in history. I think, particularly if it’s fresh, say in our lifetime, 9/11, I realized how easily people moved on from such a disaster. Not because it wasn’t truly horrible and not because people didn’t grieve. But, keeping such thing in the forefront all of the time is painful. Is that why it gets repeated, because we go on with our lives, preoccupied with the every day stuff? idk that's hypothetical. And then a disaster could happen on the other side of the world, and the other side of the world barely flinches. Not because people don’t care, but because they’re taking care of their families and other business. It is distraction that might be a form of denial if time isn’t taken to reflect.
And consider personal losses in our own lives, it hurt so much at first, and for a long time but after a while we don’t feel it as much anymore, it’s less frequent and rarely comes back as strong and fresh as when it happened. I think it’s what we do to survive.
But I don’t think the distraction is satan. I think staying grounded is key, and that’s staying true to faith and family.

Forget the bad stuff about history? Most people aren't aware that THEY are the bad stuff about history. Next, people are preoccupied with getting on with life. But they should never get too preoccupied. Next, I don't think the distraction is satan either. The distraction is evil. I posted a link to a song by Frank Zappa on part of the subject. Listen to it. And pay very close attention to the lyrics. How can anybody stay "grounded" when they are floating on a sea of filth. They can't.

Page generated in 0.18697 seconds with 11 queries