View Single Post
Old 02-05-2022, 10:57 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

Default Re: It's not on Netflix, obscurity undetermined

McQuarrie and Cruises film of the character's name is one of the greatest adaptations of book to screen we've seen in the new century. The changes they made work better than what happened in the book. Setting aside the "controversy" of the lead and all, I think it works well as a movie. (The second movie was a big fat mess.)

I've only seen the first episode of the series and I thought it was okay. I would like maybe one or two more episodes so they can really dig into bits and pieces that can help inform who Reacher is without giving away stuff from/for future books-as-seasons. I liked that they gave at least a couple of scenes with the yoots as boys and I wish there could have been a little more of that before they revealed the driving motivation of why he stays there.

I'm willing enough to see where it goes - I mean, I know where the book(s) go, I mean how they translate things and how Thad fills in the character a bit.

I popped into the reddit community and sort of spoilt myself with one of my favorite characters from the series. But I'm okay with it.
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (12-06-2022), Miisa (02-06-2022)

Page generated in 0.30594 seconds with 11 queries