View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
Ensign Steve
California Sober

Default Re: Official FF Generic Catch-All Thrad for Reverse Racism, Misandry, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImGod View Post
Ironically, google of all things returns this small list of scholoringships he's probably not eligable for either.

Screw you google
Haha, funny you should mention scouts. Here's the google scholarship page. There are scholarships for: high school seniors, American Indians, women, Hispanic people, disabled people, veterans, and African-American people. Looks like able-bodied white males could qualify for two of those. If he's too late for the high school one, he can either serve his country or "accidentally" sever his legs. It's not like he doesn't have options.

I applied for Anita Borg (women) and SVA (veterans). I was allowed to apply for both, but if I'm offered both, I can only accept one. Obviously, I'd be happy to be offered even one. I was hoping to get the Anita Borg, because I personally think it's more prestigious and I definitely identify more as a woman in tech than as a veteran. Err, I mean, I identify as both, but the one is more important to me emotionally and professionally or something. But, anyway, the SVA gives exactly 10 Google scholarships per year, and Anita Borg literally gives hundreds, so it's better odds anyway. But how hilarious would it be if I got SVA and took one of the very few spots an actual white male can get? Haha! Am I vindictive? Yes.

But the point is, yeah, if you're a white male and you want a scholarship, maybe try to actually do something. Be an eagle scout. Serve your country. You don't get a scholarship by default just by being white or male. If you're all pissed off because it seems like we get our scholarships just for being what we are, then maybe your forbears shouldn't have fought so hard against us trying to do things like scouting and serving in the first place. :shrug:

Speaking of which, I did notice that they lack a LGBTQIAetc scholarsip.

Last edited by Ensign Steve; 03-22-2013 at 09:48 PM.
BrotherMan (03-22-2013), chunksmediocrites (03-23-2013), Janet (03-22-2013), Kael (03-23-2013), LadyShea (03-23-2013), lisarea (03-22-2013), livius drusus (03-23-2013), Nullifidian (03-23-2013), Stormlight (03-26-2013), The Man (03-22-2013)

Page generated in 0.36502 seconds with 11 queries