View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 05:38 AM
(((The Spartacus of Anatevka)))

Default Re: In Which We Brag About Our Petty Accomplishments

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShottleBop View Post
The last week or so, I'd been having trouble with the volume key on my phone. Thinking it was my phone case wearing out, I ordered a new one yesterday. Today, the problem was bothering me, so I took the case off, and noticed that the back of my phone was separating from the frame. I think it's probably a swollen battery. I called my phone carrier, who said that my phone was out of warranty, and I'd have to go through the insurer.

So I went online with Samsung, who made my phone (and with whom I'd registered my purchase), and THEY will honor my warranty for another 11 days! They're going to send me a mailer to return the phone, and it will take between 5 and 7 business days to get it back. Then I called my carrier back, and they're going to send me a SIM card for my old S5 to use during the interim.
As it happened, the SIM card my carrier sent me was too small for my S5, and, after a couple of more calls, they had to 'fess up that my S5 would no longer work on their network. So I decided to continue with wifi phoning, and I forwarded my "real" no. to my wifi no. and sent my S8 in for service.

It got there yesterday, two days before the warranty ran out. This afternoon, I got an email from Samsung telling me that the battery had been defective, they had replaced it, and my phone was on its way back to me. Yay!
Thanks, from:
JoeP (11-21-2018), lisarea (11-21-2018), SR71 (11-21-2018), Stormlight (01-08-2019), Ymir's blood (11-21-2018)

Page generated in 0.14359 seconds with 11 queries