View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 05:53 PM
California Sober

Default Re: Mental and Physical Health and Wellness Track, 2022

I'm doing pretty great right now. It comes and goes but the last few days I've been pretty up.

I had a pretty great month. For most of it I was unemployed but had already accepted a job offer, so I had literally my longest vacation since I was 15 years old. I started with the day in the city, like I already talked about last update in this thrad. One evening we had 2 friends over, and bey cooked food on the grill, and they brought their dobie (rottie?) puppy to run around in our back yard. We put the babby pool out for her, which was awesome as our puppies are not even interested in water so they never use it.

I went on vacation to mom's, and of course we did tons of hiking and tons of drinking, because those are our two speeds. I stopped at the outlets and Marshals on the drive home and got some more clothes that fit and a pair of Doctor Marten boots. I also got a kettlebell and some stretchy resistance bands.

I did the stuff I talked about doing in my home office, and finally hung up my Star Trek posters that bey got for me 12 years ago (he got them from think geek, that's how long ago it was) that have been living in a cardboard tube the entire time. You bet your ass that's all you see front and center when I video conference: my big head and four vintage-style Star Trek posters for TOS episodes that I definitely need to revisit before I get called out for fake geekery. I also have my nice recliner next to my bookcase, for break times, and my personal and work computers on separate desks, for separation of powers.

I started work beginning of last week. I have been taking the train to the office on Wednesdays and working from home the rest of the days (so today is my second day in the office). They were supposed to go back to work on May 16, at least 3 days a week, but then my entire team got exposed to Covid so they went back on lockdown for 10 days and I wonder if I'm ever going to see them. I'm excited about my new job, and my home office, and the train, and just having a huge weight of anxiety not on me anymore.

I've been taking long walks and short runs, not as much as I would like but not zero amount either. I am really making an effort to appreciate the nice trails in my neighborhood, and the nice weather (hot though it may be), and how at present the sky is not choked with wildfire smoke.

I'm drinking too much alcohol, eating too much sugar. My custom user title and avatar aren't so much lies as aspirational right now. My weight is the same as it was 2 months ago, which is fine. It's just data, no judgement. :wink: I am still being really consistent with my journal, so now what I have is a written record of "what I put into my body has a direct correspondence with happens to my weight" which, DUUUUUHHHHHH.

But also I have been drawing and coloring a lot, which is so fun. And I set myself goals/tasks like "finish lego ninjago build" and "get pedicure" and "post to :fflove:" :shiftier: so I get to check off my TODO list with things I want to do anyway.
Ari (06-01-2022), BrotherMan (06-03-2022), JoeP (06-01-2022), lisarea (06-01-2022), SharonDee (06-01-2022), slimshady2357 (06-01-2022), Sock Puppet (06-01-2022), specious_reasons (06-01-2022), viscousmemories (06-01-2022)

Page generated in 0.13743 seconds with 11 queries