View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 11:52 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Re: Bend Over, Facebook is Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Donald Trump suspended from Facebook indefinitely, says Mark Zuckerberg | US news | The Guardian

Good move, Suckerberg. And nice that you waited until after the coup attempt failed, just in case.
The Trumpers are calling him Mark Suckerturd now.

:nameburn:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Puppet View Post
Quote:
There was also some unexpected opposition to the ban: Edward Snowden, the NSA whistleblower, tweeted that Facebook had “officially silence[d] the President of the United States. For better or worse, this will be remembered as a turning point in the battle for control over digital speech.”
I tend to support Snowden's actions on the main, but this is just fucking stupid.
Honestly, the more I've learned about Snowden's takes on politics, the more skeptical I've become of him.

Before Obama, he wasn't some left-wing anti-surveillance person, he was more like a libertarian-ish right-winger. He thought 2016 was an election between "Trump and Goldman Sachs" (oops, turns out Trump put a bunch of Goldman alums in his administration). Now this. And he's out here today concerned that Trump isn't going to pardon Assange and saying if he doesn't it's because Trump has caved to the security agencies and acting like those agencies dislike Trump because he has some principles they disagree with (presumably that Trump is a non-interventionist who is opposed to war, setting aside the part where he ALSO wants the military not to try to reduce civilian casualties, escalating existing conflicts and pardoning literal murderous war criminals, and you know, the whole thing where he risked war by assassinating an Iranian general), rather than because of all the reasons he's a disaster on foreign policy and national security.

Snowden seems to mostly have garbage opinions about politics back to before he was famous. So, like I said, it makes me skeptical of his motivations for what he did in the first place and how he ended up in Russia and what sort of deals he's had to make for his protection there.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (01-20-2021), JoeP (01-20-2021), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-20-2021), lisarea (01-20-2021), slimshady2357 (01-20-2021), Sock Puppet (01-20-2021), Stormlight (02-03-2021)

Page generated in 0.14873 seconds with 11 queries