Thread: Good King Trump
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 11:33 PM
Rambling Old Fart

Default Re: Good King Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
I had already read the executive summary. It's functionally the same as the report that was released immediately after the final hearing. It's been formatted, cleaned up and possibly lightly edited, but the essential content is the same.

I'm into the rest of the document, and there's just a lot more detail. The executive summary is probably enough for most people. In fact, for most people, watching the public hearings would be enough. I'd say the executive summary reinforces what the public hearing revealed, and the full report is piling on details.

One thing I don't understand - why isn't John Eastman being disbarred? He's the lawyer who came up with the intentionally false legal theory that the Vice President can reject the electoral vote - the thing that Trump was pressuring Pence to do on Jan 6th. Eastman knew that interpretation of the Constitution was false, but he was hoping that if Pence did it, it would give them the opportunity to introduce the fake electors and steal the election.

I mean literally steal the election. After the selection of the electors, Biden was lawfully elected the President. After that point, Trump resorted to criminal behavior to disrupt that process, and Eastman assisted. Eastman even knew this,

Quote:
Days afterward, Eastman sent an email to Giuliani, making a
request that tacitly acknowledged just how much trouble he was in: “I’ve
decided that I should be on the pardon list, if that is still in the works.”
Maybe if he actually gets prosecuted by the Justice Department, his Bar Association will act.
I had to read up on his involvement. After doing so, I can only hope that there will be a follow up by the Justice Dpt. I would not be surprised to hear that T-rump's own legal beagels might try to lay the blame on Eastman for the whole thing, claiming that it was his advice that led them down that path.
"Had we known that he was lying to us, we wouldn't have taken that trip."

I never really cared much for the Former VP. but to his credit, he almost single handed put the kabosh on the plan to steal the election. They might have pulled it off, if he had fallen in line. IT could have been days or weeks before any opposition could have been able to organize and by then, it's possible that it would have been too late, and we could have had a civil war on our hands.
Thanks, from:
Ari (12-24-2022), Kamilah Hauptmann (12-24-2022), lisarea (12-25-2022), Sock Puppet (12-27-2022), viscousmemories (12-24-2022)

Page generated in 0.06390 seconds with 11 queries