View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 07:28 AM
forever in search of dill pickle doritos

Default Re: Return to Gender 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickthinks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
She's abstractly pro-trans, as long as it might not affect herself.

She explicitly doesn't want trans women in spaces for women. I think it's pretty fair to say that she's anti-trans. It's a softer prejudice than wanting to kill or convert them, but it's an opinion that's still based on fear of trans people.
I believe her views have been misrepresented. I believe Kam's joke and your apologia here are examples of that. I accept I could be wrong.

Can you provide a citation for "She explicitly doesn't want trans women in spaces for women"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post

From JKR herself:
Quote:
So I want trans women to be safe. At the same time, I do not want to make natal girls and women less safe. When you throw open the doors of bathrooms and changing rooms to any man who believes or feels he’s a woman – and, as I’ve said, gender confirmation certificates may now be granted without any need for surgery or hormones – then you open the door to any and all men who wish to come inside. That is the simple truth.
Do you at least agree that "She explicitly doesn't want trans women in spaces for women" is not a misrepresentation of her views?

Page generated in 0.19034 seconds with 11 queries