View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 07:42 PM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

Default Re: US Presidency 2020

Just saw one of my most Hillary-hating-est friends (voted Hillary in the general, but used extreme rhetoric during the primary, said she was closer to Trump than to Bernie, etc.)... post "I'd vote for Papa Biden" (so affectionate!) with a link to a piece about Biden strongly considering running in 2020. He also was (strangely enough) never so disparaging when talking about Obama... he likes Obama, and praises Obama even when criticizing him.

I am resisting the urge to point out that sexism that is basically the only plausible explanation for this.

as a quick summary for why...

He complained that Hillary was too close to Wall Street. Joe Biden used to be called the senator from MBNA, and voted to make bankruptcy harder in ways that benefit credit card companies.

Hillary voted for the Iraq War... so did Joe Biden.

Hillary supported the 1994 Crime Bill... Joe Biden drafted the 1994 Crime Bill.

Hillary wasn't for single payer... as far as I know, Joe Biden has never been either.

I'll give you that Joe Biden came out for gay marriage before Hillary... but her issue score from HRC was higher than Biden's during her time in the senate.

Biden's overall senate record was less liberal than Clinton's as well.

Not to mention that he bungled the Anita Hill hearings. And even though we have this whole moment happening with sexual harassment and assault, Joe Biden just this week implicitly defended the way it went down, saying "The message I’ve delivered before is I am so sorry if she [Anita Hill] believes that [the process was unfair]".

Oh and that he won no delegates in both of his previous presidential campaigns. Hillary the loser should go away, Joe Biden the loser gets to be picked for VP and be considered a contender for 2020 even though he'd be the oldest new president ever if he won.
Thanks, from:
Ari (11-15-2017), Crumb (11-15-2017), Kael (11-18-2017), lisarea (11-16-2017), The Man (11-15-2017)

Page generated in 0.22697 seconds with 11 queries