View Single Post
Old 08-16-2020, 10:51 AM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Default Re: This Old House of Bricks

I just finished the remodel on Vader's Volcano. I am up late. :nightmare:

The :virus::virus::virus: has fucked my sleep schedule. Plus it has been :happysun: :happysun::happysun::happysun: so it's nice to build late at night.

Here you can see what I started with before I began my current reconstruction project. Simple one floor, not that large. I didn't take alot of pictures of it. I rebuilt it better than it was before. :tmgrin:

Larger anyway.

Now it has a couple of floors and a removable roof and is a several studs wider. I really like the way it turned out. The lights work pretty great but the handles come off like every few lights.

Those back supports are small but they are solid bricks and the who thing is stable.

Completed for now Vader's Castle and Volcano Complex

I also have a bunch of lava rock greebling around the area.

You can see the table divide. This is why I split the gun off. the tables are slightly different heights and it was creating strain on my build.

You can see the lava greebling. Uptop there is a phoenix orange bird guy. and a lava minion of Vader's to the side.

I used a bunch of translucent orange and reds in this along with grays and blacks for many structural pieces. along the bottom I also used reds and yellows to be fire colors for my lava rocks. There are also some browns from the BURPs.

Back side of Vader's Volcano. You can see the Dr Strange Sanctum Sanctorum across the tracks, it is of ES's creation as is so much of the town.

I left it open so I can always get to the light bricks in order to be able to replace them. There is a small skull, on either side of the skull there are two handles. The whole thing is technic and bricks to make a lever that you can lift to get to the lights or press down to turn them on. I also love those dark red translucent pieces. They are like for a space ship hull from some old set.

There is also a lava rock minion of Vader's. That minifigure is from a theme called Power Miners. Love those little guys.

This is what the lights look like from the back side. and you can see where I press to make the lights work. You can see the end of one of the technic pieces to the left. I am really happy with how this turned out overall.

A sort of Minifig eye view of the back of Vader's Volcano.

Look at all that pretty orange on that sexy ass roof :tmgrin:

To the extreme right you can see the canon that is at the castle now. It uses the same red translucent pieces that I use on the lights at the bottom.

A different angle so you can see more of the construction. The roof is basically 4 mostly gray corridors between Black windshield pieces that I connected together and then covered in pretty orange and red. The whole thing is exactly the size of inside the walls it sits on with the lips of the jutting windshields sticking one stud out and resting on tiles. Because it is a big exact fit, I use inverted slope buttress pieces to help guide. It goes on really easily, surprisingly.

The roof sitting on the ground. You can see the windshields upon which the roof rests

The lava minion lab with our Star Trek loving Stormtrooper. You can see that I just tiled a large gray rectangle. the roof fits the inside rectange exactly with the windshields 1 stud out to rest on those tiles.

Still loving that Trek.

I'm going to continue in two since I had to make two for the pictures.

Last edited by beyelzu; 08-16-2020 at 12:01 PM.
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (08-17-2020), JoeP (08-16-2020), slimshady2357 (08-16-2020), Sock Puppet (08-17-2020)

Page generated in 0.31275 seconds with 12 queries