Thread: Economics
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2020, 10:57 PM
Admin

Default Economics

Here is a thread for general discussion of economics.

I've been learning a bit about economics lately as part of my immersion into politics (see my caveat) so I thought I'd start a thread for the topic.

Some of the economists or economist adjacent people I've been reading/listening to the most are Richard D. Wolff, Yanis Varoufakis, Mark Fisher, David Graeber, and Leo Panitch. I think most or all of them would say they embrace a Marxist analysis of economics.

Anyway I will start with How the Biden Administration Can Free Americans from Student Debt, by Astra Taylor.

The above is a compelling argument for the Biden admin to pursue radical debt relief at least as substantial as one that he has hinted at (a means-tested cancellation of 10k minimum) but preferably a lot more.

Quote:
Biden will be taking office amid a daunting public-health and economic crisis; a loudening chorus of experts and elected officials believe that a more ambitious approach to debt relief is needed to stem the suffering.
Thanks, from:
Ari (12-17-2020), JoeP (11-27-2020), Kamilah Hauptmann (11-27-2020), Kyuss Apollo (11-30-2020), lisarea (11-28-2020), vremya (11-28-2020)

Page generated in 0.16842 seconds with 11 queries