Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Food & Drink

Old 09-22-2022, 10:43 PM
angry white woman

Default TAILGATE!

So our next pot luck is coming up and it’s tailgatey items. Given the disastrous way my dip turned out I am just to have Joe, Mr. Shelby, make his famous Italian meat balls SO here is how you make them, nothing secret or innovative about it just tasty. Oven, crock pot, whatevs A pound or two of hamburger or turkey, equal parts egg milk just like meat loaf. Italian seasoning bread crumbs and your best judgement on mozzarella & parm. Roll them into balls and bake 400 in oven till cooked or high on crock pot till cooked.
Put whatever kind of sauce over or eat them plain. It’s a hit every time and I’ve had numerous people ask me for the recipe.

NOW THEN. Please post your fave tailgatey thing.
Ensign Steve (09-22-2022), lisarea (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 12:59 AM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Default Re: TAILGATE!

ES and I attended Georgia. :steve:

It was the only school I ever applied to for undergrad. I flunked out but I didn’t go elsewhere. I just waited until they said I could come back. I only ever wanted to go to Georgia. Luckily, it is a decent school, but I just grew up a Dawg. My dad went here.

ES came out and we went to school and lots of games. Fall semester is hard cuz football takes a lot of time when you attend games (when you could be writing papers and what not).

]

But I love football and tailgating. We went to a bunch of games.

One game, our chihuahua Ripley got come tailgate. She found a hot dog someone had dropped on the ground and inhaled it. I’m pretty sure she loved tailgating too :tmgrin:

I miss that truck just a little bit.

During my college years, I found the key to a hood tailgate was a fifth of Weller’s Bourbon, ice and diet soda and snacks galore. I eschewed grilling out in general.

We went to the World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail party three years in a row and Georgia emerged victorious each of those years.

The key to a good tailgate in Jacksonville is to get a room at the nice hotels near the stadium and drink there, they often have good dining options gameday :tmgrin:
Ensign Steve (09-23-2022), JoeP (09-24-2022), lisarea (09-23-2022), Miss Shelby (09-23-2022), Pan Narrans (09-23-2022), slimshady2357 (09-23-2022), Stormlight (09-23-2022), viscousmemories (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 01:39 AM
angry white woman

Default Re: TAILGATE!

Bey and ES I absolutely LOVE you sharing your memories. Thank you so much. I feel like I know you a little better now. Well I didn’t really know you before, but you are the CUTEST couple. Thank you for sharing those memories ❤️.
beyelzu (09-23-2022), Ensign Steve (09-23-2022), LarsMac (09-23-2022), lisarea (09-23-2022), slimshady2357 (09-23-2022), Stormlight (09-23-2022), Zehava (10-08-2022)

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > Food & Drink