Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature

Old 12-25-2021, 06:38 AM
California Sober

Television Matrix: Rebooted

Inject it directly into my veins, please! It's so meta, they literally develop the movie live while you're watching it. And the extended "blue pill" sequence set to Jefferson Airplane? Well, there's a reason my car is named Alice, and it's because I love drugs and I don't think real life is real.

Much love to HBO and Warner Bros. for dropping this shit on Christmas Eve. Much love to Keanu for being the special guy he is, and just getting specialer with age. Much love to the state of California for legalizing weed and to the Good Lord that I don't believe in for putting it on this earth for us to enjoy. Happy Birthday, Jesus. :santa:

Much love to the FF :fflove: and Merry Christmas.

Ari (12-27-2021), BrotherMan (12-25-2021), Crumb (12-27-2021), JoeP (12-25-2021), Limoncello (01-11-2022), slimshady2357 (12-25-2021), Sock Puppet (12-27-2021), Stormlight (12-30-2021), viscousmemories (01-10-2022), vremya (12-25-2021)
Old 01-11-2022, 01:27 PM
Admin

Default Re: Matrix: Rebooted

Sorry to marsh your hello but it's a couple weeks after the fact so I feel it's ok. I did not love the new Matrix movie, but I was not its target audience. Like every other red-blooded human I LOVED the original movie, but when I heard negative review after negative review (from people I trusted) about the sequels, I took a pass. I actually watched the second film for the first time in 2021, and although I didn't hate it as much as I thought I might, I had no interest in the third film so I skipped it. This here thread inspired me to watch the new one, and again I didn't hate it (even liked parts a lot) but there were way too many references to events in film three that went over my head.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (01-11-2022), Ensign Steve (01-11-2022), Stormlight (01-14-2022)
Old 01-11-2022, 04:46 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

If you’ve never seen them, I highly recommend the Animatrix. It’s a set of animated shorts spanning from an early 2000s cgi fight scene, to the war between robots and humans, to trippy existential musings on reality and our brief glances behind the curtains.
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (01-11-2022), slimshady2357 (01-12-2022), Stormlight (01-14-2022), viscousmemories (01-11-2022)
Old 03-09-2022, 05:36 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Got around to watching this. It was good, not amazing, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The game development scenes and the architect describing the blue pill humans felt extra punchy as it was a bit like they were describing Free Guy.

Similar to the Smith infection in the previous film, I was hoping they would address in a bit more detail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Steve View Post
What’s better, Chad’s real name is Chad. Chad is also Neo. Or well Chad was Keanu's stunt double in the Matrix and thus has played Neo. Chad also co-directed the John Wick films.
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (03-09-2022)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature