:glomp:
Old 10-29-2005, 02:17 PM
Coffin Creep

Default Re: Protest: Cronyism amongst FF admins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ymir's blood
The fact that Carlos hates them is further proof of the excellent job they're doing.
Ignore this thread or report the poster to the dictator.
I hate dictatorship of any kind and I will combat it.
Look at you , you adore it.

Thanks,
Carlos
If you actually think this board is a dictatorship, then you either have no understanding of what the word means or else you are completely delusional.

If you hate this place, then leave. You aren't combating anything by posting near gibberish on a privately owned message board. The only thing you are doing is masturbating your ego. You must be filling your world with psychic semen the same way you've filled this thread with barely readable garbage.

Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously. You are a joke, and a poor one at that.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The fact that Carlos hates them is further proof of the excellent job they're doing.

Thanks,
Carlos
If you actually think this board is a dictatorship, then you either have no understanding of what the word means or else you are completely delusional.
If you actually think this board is NOT a dictatorship, then you either have no understanding of what the word means or else you are completely delusional .
But I prefer to admit you are happy with your cult of adoration to the dictatorship.

Quote:
If you hate this place, then leave. You aren't combating anything by posting near gibberish on a privately owned message board. The only thing you are doing is masturbating your ego. You must be filling your world with psychic semen the same way you've filled this thread with barely readable garbage.
Ignore this thread , ignore the poster .
Report the poster. Create a poll to ignore the poster. Start your own campaign to ban the poster. Keep adoring the dictatorship and your wishes and prays will come truth.

Quote:
Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously. You are a joke, and a poor one at that.
Another delusional that uses the "anyone" as a support of his delusional argument.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 10-29-2005, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livius drusus
For the record, the allegation in the OP was that I indulged in cronyism/favoritism by making this post re godfry's mocking of CH's handle but not chiding CH for his inflammatory posts in that same thread.
What is that football advice I hear? The best defense is a good offense? I say then, mock us all. State your opinion left and right, up and down--- sideways even. It seems to me as it is patently impossible to defend/attack a poster's ideas without seemingly defending/attacking said poster, say what you will, when you will to us all. This is your damn living room, after all and if you want to leave a stain on your wood coffee table then do it, if you want everyone to use coasters, then that is your choice too. Rip the plastic covers off of your couches, and have at it girl.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspenMama to liv
State your opinion left and right, up and down--- sideways even.
Preach it, sistah!

Liv, I miss the bite of your posts when you let rip. Please, for the love of all that is interesting and thought-provoking, stop censoring yourself!

In those rare cases where moderation is taken, use the ol' standby "Mod hat ON". That way we'll know when we're allowed to thumb our noses at you and when we're not.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:32 PM
Banned

Yes Liv, state your opinion without any fear. Respect and make respect the few rules you have at your board, create new ones, if you want, for the benefit of your board.
But STOP acting like a dictatorship.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 10-29-2005, 03:34 PM
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS

Thank you, Aspen and Sharon. It's not as easy as mod hat, though, because nose-thumbing is always allowed. The appearance of interventionism and its little brother favoritism comes with the title, so I don't think I could post a "you're being a butt" comment without risking that it would be seen through that filter.

Still, as I said mentioned before, y'all are right that I probably could stand to loosen up a wee bit. :blush:
Old 10-29-2005, 04:14 PM
Coffin Creep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
Carlos
If you actually think this board is NOT a dictatorship, then you either have no understanding of what the word means or else you are completely delusional .
But I prefer to admit you are happy with your cult of adoration to the dictatorship.
It is not a dictatorship. It is a privately owned message board paid for by the administrators. They have every right to control who can use their property.

Quote:
Quote:
Report the poster. Create a poll to ignore the poster. Start your own campaign to ban the poster. Keep adoring the dictatorship and your wishes and prays will come truth.
Why don't you take your own advice. Ignore this forum and go away.

Quote:
Quote:
Another delusional that uses the "anyone" as a support of his delusional argument.
Your command of the English language is abysmal.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:52 PM
professional left-winger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspenMama
This is your damn living room, after all and if you want to leave a stain on your wood coffee table then do it, if you want everyone to use coasters, then that is your choice too. Rip the plastic covers off of your couches, and have at it girl.
Woo!! :bbed:

And I'll just add my opinion that the "Ignore" feature :pokes: is marvelous.

:yup:
Old 10-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks,
Carlos
It is not a dictatorship. It is a privately owned message board paid for by the administrators. They have every right to control who can use their property..
A dictatorship that is lying :
The Freethought Forum is a general discussion forum with a premium on free speech
and open to all.

What part is so difficult for you to understand?
http://www.freethought-forum.com/for...8&postcount=24

Quote:
Quote:
Why don't you take your own advice. Ignore this forum and go away..
Where did I write to ignore this forum?
Your lack of understanding is amazing.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Your command of the English language is abysmal.
I applaud you, you are correct about my command of the English language...
But did you understand my point?
Don't keep using these kind of English words : "anyone" , "everybody", "all the members", "anybody" "we", etc., as a support of your personal opinion.
Or do you think you are speaking in name of everybody here?

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 10-29-2005, 05:25 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

I cannot believe we're having this discussion. I can't believe pertinent posts have been deleted in a snit. Am I the only one that believes fighting shit out until the end is usually the best way to deal with stuff? See what happens when issues aren't fully resolved? Resentments build and then come out in stupid ways.

Everyone here has a choice
1. Say it, whatever it is. Say it.
2. Ignore it entirely, again whatever it is for you. Don't seethe on it quietly and pretend to ignore it only to blow up about it later...truly ignore it.
3. Go away

Godfry, where the FUCK do you go sometimes, and leave us with this boor?

livius, lighten up ;)
Old 10-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea
I cannot believe we're having this discussion.
Believe it or not.
Quote:
Just because you say so?
Or because that is the way the FF dictatorship lies ?

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 10-29-2005, 06:48 PM
California Sober

Quote:
State your opinion left and right, up and down--- sideways even. It seems to me as it is patently impossible to defend/attack a poster's ideas without seemingly defending/attacking said poster, say what you will, when you will to us all.
Oh yeah, bring it on!

:livcrop: :spank:
Old 10-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Steve
Quote:
State your opinion left and right, up and down--- sideways even. It seems to me as it is patently impossible to defend/attack a poster's ideas without seemingly defending/attacking said poster, say what you will, when you will to us all.
Oh yeah, bring it on!

:livcrop: :spank:
Seconded.
Where is that forum?

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 10-29-2005, 08:05 PM

Up my rectum.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:38 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

* Crumb wonders why Carlos keeps looking up his...
Old 10-29-2005, 09:10 PM
rude, crude, lewd, and unsophisticated

Quote:
I cannot believe we're having this discussion. I can't believe pertinent posts have been deleted in a snit. Am I the only one that believes fighting shit out until the end is usually the best way to deal with stuff? See what happens when issues aren't fully resolved? Resentments build and then come out in stupid ways.

Everyone here has a choice
2. Ignore it entirely, again whatever it is for you. Don't seethe on it quietly and pretend to ignore it only to blow up about it later...truly ignore it.
3. Go away
I said it. I said it here, largely because my interlocutor stiffed me in PMs, so I tried to call her out here. I am presently fairly uncomfortable and distrusting of the admins here because of what I perceive to be their being two-faced. It may be wrong, it may be right, but most likely its in some gray area, but I have problems with nicey-nicey in one context and a haughty elitist bitch in another.

I tried ignoring, but prefer speaking my peace, even if I turn out to be wrong and must offer up apologies. The problem is, after provocation, the provocatuer (CH) ignored the response. That's frustrating to me and it makes me resort to juvenile approaches like fucking with the miscreant's handle. And liv didn't like that and saw fit to upbraid me publicly without saying as much as a word about the provocatuer's whole approach. So sue me; the provacatuer had already decended to laughable levels of juvenile behavior.

As for the third, I'm seriously considering it.

Quote:
I didn't leave you with this boor. He made it here himself. Are you expecting me to engage this idiot? I'm not even sure I want to be here. I stopped posting while I pondered on my actions and their results...I still have not decided. And, I've been here all along, I'm just busy preparing to leave.

Last edited by godfry n. glad; 10-29-2005 at 09:29 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfry n. glad
I said it. I said it here, largely because my interlocutor stiffed me in PMs, so I tried to call her out here.
I am entitled not to pursue an avenue of discussion with you or anyone else, godfry. It's not the first time I've told you I wouldn't engage you when you took an angry, offensive tone. Remember when you were calling me immoral in the death penalty thread? From my perspective it was the same kind of situation.

Quote:
I am presently fairly uncomfortable and distrusting of the admins here because of what I perceive to be their being two-faced. It may be wrong, it may be right, but most likely its in some gray area, but I have problems with nicey-nicey in one context and a haughty elitist bitch in another.
You once told me when I felt you were getting a little ornery I should just flip you the angrynana and we'd sort it out. You've repeatedly stated in posts here that you were okay with vm or myself saying something if we felt you or anyone else was out of line. My "grow up" comment seemed entirely in keeping with that history.

Why would I treat you the same whether you're talking about your luscious garden or your exotic travels or being angry and mean? When you say something great I delight in it. When you say something ugly I either comment to that effect or shut it out. Why is that two-facedness?

Quote:
I tried ignoring, but prefer speaking my peace, even if I turn out to be wrong and must offer up apologies. The problem is, after provocation, the provocatuer (CH) ignored the response. That's frustrating to me and it makes me resort to juvenile approaches like fucking with the miscreant's handle. And liv didn't like that and saw fit to upbraid me publicly without saying as much as a word about the provocatuer's whole approach. So sue me; the provacatuer had already decended to laughable levels of juvenile behavior.
I promise you: the day Cool Hand refers to you as cockfry n. glad, I will be sure to tell him to grow up in no uncertain terms.

As irony would have it, I had a post written up almost identical to Clutch's post here (only way less intelligent and cool sounding) not an hour before you posted your dig in my Libby thread and started this one. I didn't post it in the end because there were already 6 people on his ass about the crappy way he handled the issue and I saw no point in adding to it.

The fact that I consider him a friend was not a factor in my choice, just like the fact that I've called you friend was not a factor the times I didn't call you on your shit. The only role CH's being my friend played in this whole mess was in my refusal to engage your comments in PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Nonconformist

Wow.

Liv and VM, you deserve none of the abusive remarks directed at you in this thread. You have nothing to apologize for.

Liv, I had no idea you were taking crap for refusing to chastise me. You don't have any obligation to chastise anyone or to refrain from doing so, of course.

I apologize to you for making some ill-considered remarks in that thread that led to your receiving abuse. I did not mean any disrespect or insult to you or vm when doing so.

CH
Old 10-29-2005, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by livius drusus
Quote:
I am presently fairly uncomfortable and distrusting of the admins here because of what I perceive to be their being two-faced. It may be wrong, it may be right, but most likely its in some gray area, but I have problems with nicey-nicey in one context and a haughty elitist bitch in another.
You once told me when I felt you were getting a little ornery I should just flip you the angrynana and we'd sort it out. You've repeatedly stated in posts here that you were okay with vm or myself saying something if we felt you or anyone else was out of line. My "grow up" comment seemed entirely in keeping with that history.
And indeed it was, but you never flipped the angrynana and CH had engaged in a prior and far more egregious juvenile behavior and nothing public was forthcoming from you on that score, despite my having civilly disagreed with you in the thread. In conversations off-forum, I didn't perceive any effort upon your part to "sort things out"; from my perspective, you just shut me out, stating that CH was your friend (implying that I was not) and you wouldn't hear it.

Quote:
Why would I treat you the same whether you're talking about your luscious garden or your exotic travels or being angry and mean? When you say something great I delight in it. When you say something ugly I either comment to that effect or shut it out. Why is that two-facedness?
My perception was public upbraiding with a private apology and no consequences whatsoever for the primary offender...no matter what he does...because he's your "friend". That, to me, smacked of cronyism.

Quote:
Quote:
I promise you: the day Cool Hand refers to you as cockfry n. glad, I will be sure to tell him to grow up in no uncertain terms.
If he had, I'd have laughed it off. The thing is, his behavior in this thread was more juvenile than mine, by far, yet he got by with what seemed like a wink and an nudge. Your "grow up" recommendation should have been addressed to both of us....instead, I felt as though CH was chosen for preferential treatment (which, in itself, is fine, but you should be prepared to hear the howls of protest, not shut them out).

Quote:
As irony would have it, I had a post written up almost identical to Clutch's post here (only way less intelligent and cool sounding) not an hour before you posted your dig in my Libby thread and started this one. I didn't post it in the end because there were already 6 people on his ass about the crappy way he handled the issue and I saw no point in adding to it.

The fact that I consider him a friend was not a factor in my choice, just like the fact that I've called you friend was not a factor the times I didn't call you on your shit. The only role CH's being my friend played in this whole mess was in my refusal to engage your comments in PM.
See above.

Okay.... I'm ready to bury the hatchet on this. I apologize for my overreaction, but know that I still feel justified in having done so, if for no other reason than it forced you out to explain yourself and listen to me.

I accept CH's gracious apology, as well.

And CH? Two of my most admired political figures are former US Senator Wayne Morse and Governor Tom McCall, both of Oregon. Although the former changed his party affiliation mid-political career to Democrat, he started out as a decent Republican. The latter was one of the most enlightened elected officials in my state's recent history, and he was a lifelong Republican. Unfortunately, his legacy has been besmirched by zealot fundamentalist christian Republicans taking control of the statewide party along with an overzealous tax limitation movement (which still offers plush economic incentives to businesses). My currently most disliked local politician is (was, actually, as he's recently fallen from favor) the Democratic darling of the local machine....he's been feathering his nest with all sorts of conflict-of-interest deals over the past 20 years (after serving in a Secretarial position in the Carter administraton).
Old 10-29-2005, 11:38 PM
professional left-winger

:hugs:
Old 10-29-2005, 11:44 PM
I said it, so I feel it, dick

Quote:
I said it. I said it here, largely because my interlocutor stiffed me in PMs, so I tried to call her out here. I am presently fairly uncomfortable and distrusting of the admins here because of what I perceive to be their being two-faced. It may be wrong, it may be right, but most likely its in some gray area, but I have problems with nicey-nicey in one context and a haughty elitist bitch in another.
You deleted it all though. I have no way of seeing what your argument is because I missed your posts while they were extant.

Quote:
I tried ignoring, but prefer speaking my peace, even if I turn out to be wrong and must offer up apologies.
That's why I don't understand the deleted posts.

Quote:
The problem is, after provocation, the provocatuer (CH) ignored the response. That's frustrating to me and it makes me resort to juvenile approaches like fucking with the miscreant's handle. And liv didn't like that and saw fit to upbraid me publicly without saying as much as a word about the provocatuer's whole approach. So sue me; the provacatuer had already decended to laughable levels of juvenile behavior.
I didn't even read that thread and have no idea what happened. I am only wondering about this thread.

Quote:
I'd rather you didn't

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't leave you with this boor. He made it here himself. Are you expecting me to engage this idiot?
I was talking about the boor that seems to reside in you and appear at times when the good Godfry goes away. Delting your posts in a snit is not like you. I wanted to read what you have to say.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Quote:
You deleted it all though. I have no way of seeing what your argument is because I missed your posts while they were extant.

Quote:
I tried ignoring, but prefer speaking my peace, even if I turn out to be wrong and must offer up apologies.
That's why I don't understand the deleted posts.

Quote:
The problem is, after provocation, the provocatuer (CH) ignored the response. That's frustrating to me and it makes me resort to juvenile approaches like fucking with the miscreant's handle. And liv didn't like that and saw fit to upbraid me publicly without saying as much as a word about the provocatuer's whole approach. So sue me; the provacatuer had already decended to laughable levels of juvenile behavior.
I didn't even read that thread and have no idea what happened. I am only wondering about this thread.

Quote:
I'd rather you didn't

Quote:
Quote:
I didn't leave you with this boor. He made it here himself. Are you expecting me to engage this idiot?
I was talking about the boor that seems to reside in you and appear at times when the good Godfry goes away. Delting your posts in a snit is not like you. I wanted to read what you have to say.
LadyShea -

Deleting my posts is my way of preparing to leave. If I intend on permanently leaving, I prefer that NONE of my posts stay behind. I'm quirky that way. In this case, I only had the power over those posted within the last - what is it? - 1440 minutes (24 hours, right?). That's what I was doing. I also took down everything from the Member's Gallery. I was musing over whether to delete the entire Asia travel collection or leave it....having put so much into it and directed so many acquaintances to it. It was also "cool down" time for me, which seems to have been worthwhile.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Nonconformist

Quote:

Okay.... I'm ready to bury the hatchet on this. I apologize for my overreaction, but know that I still feel justified in having done so, if for no other reason than it forced you out to explain yourself and listen to me.
I'm very happy to see this part. I truly hope you do. Liv doesn't deserve any abuse here, and I hope you remain friends.

Quote:
I accept CH's gracious apology, as well.
Thank you for that, Godfry. I appreciate your acknowledgement and acceptance. I had no business dragging you into anything.

Quote:
And CH? Two of my most admired political figures are former US Senator Wayne Morse and Governor Tom McCall, both of Oregon. Although the former changed his party affiliation mid-political career to Democrat, he started out as a decent Republican. The latter was one of the most enlightened elected officials in my state's recent history, and he was a lifelong Republican. Unfortunately, his legacy has been besmirched by zealot fundamentalist christian Republicans taking control of the statewide party along with an overzealous tax limitation movement (which still offers plush economic incentives to businesses). My currently most disliked local politician is (was, actually, as he's recently fallen from favor) the Democratic darling of the local machine....he's been feathering his nest with all sorts of conflict-of-interest deals over the past 20 years (after serving in a Secretarial position in the Carter administraton).
That's cool, Godfry. For what it's worth, it's not partisanship that bothers me (and I'm no Bushie, by the way, and I'm only nomimally Republican by default). It's the level of what I perceive as hatred, for one thing. Another that bothers me is just my own perception that there is a prevailing culture here at FF that allows a certain level of hatred when directed at some political targets to get a pass from the board as a whole (not particular posters). It's just unnecessary and seems to me to be selective, if you will (I've called it "uncritical," but that carries insulting overtones, so I'll try not to do it again).

Please don't misunderstand. I'm not personally offended by that. I'm disappointed that the high caliber of intelligent, rational posters here would allow such a culture to prevail (and I get that many posters here don't see any prevailing political culture -- it's subjective). That's all. It might be just as accurate to say I'm surprised by it. I participate much more actively at another skeptics' board that has a very active politics section. It seems to me to have a greater proportional representation of left/center/right/and everything in between politically posters than this place does, but that's only my own, purely subjectively impression. It could also have a lot to do with the fact that the other board is much larger than this one. Nevetheless, my impression is that they both have extremely bright posters on them, but their political cultures are quite different. That might indeed be a trivial observation on my part, and perhaps other persons' reactions might be, "So what? You expected something else?"

Anyway, I'm making more of this than it warrants, and I've failed to make my own thoughts about it clear (FWIW, I think VM seems to understand my posts better than anyone else, and I don't know why that is, but he does).

Back to your acceptance of my apology. Thanks again, and I do wish we could cease sniping at each other. I accept full responsibility for that happening in the Karen Hughes thread.

I don't wish you any grief, Godfry. I really don't. I hope you feel better now and that you will have a very enjoyable rest of the weekend, as I'm going to do now.

CH
Old 10-30-2005, 12:09 AM

:godfry:

~a small detail~

Freethought Forum > Public Works > Forum Administration