Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature

Old 07-28-2020, 08:42 AM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Default Re: DC Nation

Harley and Poison Ivy are getting coffee with King Shark at Central perk. I have a couple different Harleys. I have just the one Ivy. She was caucasian colored, but I wanted her to have green skin, so I swapped out some parts to get a much more awesome Ivy. Also more like the cartoon.

But again, having a coffee with King Shark discussing plans.

Check out that Kiteman! It's an actual minfig that I got off bricklink, built the kite. Joey is getting a coffee and Rachel is working.

Look it is a new person. "It is I, Josephine Alexander OWNER of the CORNER garage."

Jo transforms into Clayface. "HA, IT IS I, CLAYFACE!"

Here is frank. I love his eyestalks. They are made from a green whip, ES's idea. They really work giving him a fun whimsy. I also used a couple of green translucent canopies for his jaws. He is a bit blocky in part to just get enough weight to offset that big ol head.

Frank from the side, you can see Joey behind him.

Here Frank eats Joey.

More eating Joey.

So overall I love my Harley Quinn crew. They live in Castle Pandemonium. I haven't made a Dr Psycho yet, but I probably will. From various Lego sets Ive got plenty of DC heroes and a bunch of Avengers and crazy animal minfigs from some Ninjago lines.

It's a wonderfully strange lego world with a bunch of fun Harley Quinn play.

JD put together the Central Perk set and we made Frank together. Clayface is a mech and those I generally put together :)

Last edited by beyelzu; 07-28-2020 at 09:03 AM.
Thanks, from:
Ari (07-28-2020), Ensign Steve (07-28-2020), JoeP (07-28-2020), slimshady2357 (07-28-2020), Sock Puppet (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 06:14 PM
California Sober

King Shark on the laptop is killing me. :lol:
beyelzu (07-28-2020)
Old 08-01-2020, 10:15 AM

Spoilers for Harley Quinn to potentially follow.

So Harley and Ivy have long been connected with romantic overtones and in this season of Harley Quinn tvshow, they hookup.

I made an Ivy Tower previously, but I remade it, much larger. The structure is done, but I still need to finish out the Skeleton Dungeon, a more in depth photo array of Ivy's Island will come in the future.

The roof opens up and you can see Ivy and Harley in bed.

I modeled the bed after the bed on Destiny's Bounty. This one is larger so two people can be in it. Also, Harley has her own red pillow for the bed.

Here you can see the top of Ivy's Tower closed. Perhaps like a Venus Flytrap :tmgrin:

Last edited by beyelzu; 08-01-2020 at 11:07 AM.
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (08-03-2020), slimshady2357 (08-01-2020), Sock Puppet (08-03-2020), Zehava (08-01-2020)
Old 02-15-2021, 03:21 AM

New Justice League Snyder Cut Trailer Is Breaking The Internet

God help me, I know that Snyder seems to only have a passing familiarity with Batman and Superman as comic book, but I am still kind of hopeful for the extended Justice League.

I am sure to be disappointed.
slimshady2357 (02-15-2021), wei yau (02-16-2021)
Old 02-15-2021, 03:22 AM

Old 02-15-2021, 08:12 AM
forever in search of dill pickle doritos

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
New Justice League Snyder Cut Trailer Is Breaking The Internet

God help me, I know that Snyder seems to only have a passing familiarity with Batman and Superman as comic book, but I am still kind of hopeful for the extended Justice League.

I am sure to be disappointed.
Those were my exact feelings. I was thinking of trying to watch the extended cut with the idea that these are not Superman/Batman/etc... they are different characters entirely. I think I could enjoy the movie more if I had no expectations of the characters.

Also, for something new (to me) I've been watching Black Lightning on Netflix. It's not bad. For a DC TV show I'd even say it's pretty good. DC still cannot come close to matching the level of Daredevil or Jessica Jones or even Luke Cage. But they are probably in the range of Iron Fist here. Don't let that scare you off though :lol: I actually enjoyed Iron Fist, just not as much as the other Marvel Netflix series. Lots of strong women in this one. Nice to see a superhero show centered around a black family in a black neighbourhood too. If you missed it when it first came out and watch most or all the comic shows, give it a go.
Old 02-15-2021, 04:27 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Oh hai perfect for our old youtube viewer 4:3 tv nostalgia ratio.

I’ll give Snyder credit for being able to make a ‘great’ trailer. Hell yeah I’m ready to avenge the earth from Thanos to a rock score, let’s kill some baddies! Snyder is great at building that fighting feeling, and that’s about it, I watched that trailer twice and still couldn’t tell you what the movie is about. Super People in over the top outfits fight for survival, is the best I can do, because that’s essentially Zach Snyder.

It’s going to be 4 hours long.
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (02-15-2021), wei yau (02-16-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 02:48 PM
Tellifying

As someone who did not care for Snyder's "Man of Steel" or "Batman v Superman" (despite never watching the latter in its entirety) and skipped "Justice League" altogether, you'd think I'd have no problem skipping this one, too.

Yet, I feel compelled to watch it. Is it because I already have HBO Max and won't have to spend any additional money? Is it because I miss the theater experience and this somehow reminds me of it? Is it because I want to be able to participate in the dogpile armed with knowledge?

Probably any or some of those reasons for sure. But, definitely not because I think it will be good. I mean, how can it be? Like Ari said, that trailer tells me nothing about the film other than it's a series of comic book splash pages. Which is all well and good, I guess.
Old 02-16-2021, 02:48 PM
Tellifying

As someone who did not care for Snyder's "Man of Steel" or "Batman v Superman" (despite never watching the latter in its entirety) and skipped "Justice League" altogether, you'd think I'd have no problem skipping this one, too.

Yet, I feel compelled to watch it. Is it because I already have HBO Max and won't have to spend any additional money? Is it because I miss the theater experience and this somehow reminds me of it? Is it because I want to be able to participate in the dogpile armed with knowledge?

Probably any or some of those reasons for sure. But, definitely not because I think it will be good. I mean, how can it be? Like Ari said, that trailer tells me nothing about the film other than it's a series of comic book splash pages. Which is all well and good, I guess.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:52 PM
here to bore you with pictures

I, too, am curious about the recut "Justice League" but don't have HBO Max. I probably won't watch it until it becomes available elsewhere and I don't have to spend additional money. I don't think it will be good either, but I have an unhealthy fascination with crap and it compels me to watch all of Snyder's work.
Thanks, from:
Ari (02-16-2021), beyelzu (02-22-2021), slimshady2357 (02-16-2021), wei yau (02-16-2021)
Old 02-16-2021, 05:40 PM
A Very Gentle Bort

I seent the trailer. And. Dammit. It looks (no, not pretty - it actually looks like a big grey mass of pewp) compelling. Like, okay. They gave you millions of dollars to finish this your way. And it turns into a four hour thing.

Also. The Joker? Saying the line? Chef's Fucking Kiss. Like. We all just got totally trolled or something. I don't even know.

The first attempt was just horrible. An all original Whedon Justice League could have been an okay thing. But having to salvage something good from the shit sandwich that the dcu was at the time was an impossible piece of work. If Snyder hadn't had that family emergency, who knows what it would have looked like. (Okay, we know because those of us who saw BvS: Man of Steel 2: Why Did You Say That Name know it would have been exactly like that. Only now longer, uncut, pure fandonk mainline cocaine.)
Thanks, from:
Ari (02-16-2021), beyelzu (02-22-2021), slimshady2357 (02-16-2021), wei yau (02-16-2021)
Old 02-21-2021, 12:49 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

:AB: :canada:
Old 02-26-2021, 08:49 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Someone needs to deepfake Zach Snyder into this scene:

Thanks, from:
beyelzu (02-26-2021), BrotherMan (02-26-2021)
Old 03-19-2021, 06:54 PM

So Snyder cut is out. Watched it yesterday enjoyed it.

I do have some issues

Last edited by beyelzu; 03-20-2021 at 01:24 AM.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (03-20-2021), Ensign Steve (03-27-2021)
Old 03-20-2021, 06:04 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

Old 03-20-2021, 06:17 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

He (Snyder) has called them out already. Especially after their recent comments following the Atlanta shootings.
Thanks, from:
beyelzu (03-20-2021), Kamilah Hauptmann (03-20-2021)
Old 04-01-2022, 11:24 AM

The Dark Knight indeed :lol:
Old 08-07-2022, 04:25 PM

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Arts & Literature