Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 01-20-2023, 11:50 PM
angry white woman

Default Re: Weird Dream(s)

I dreamt I died and went to Purgatory. There were many people there waiting to get to the other side of the door which I assume was Heaven. So I’d been there a while and all these other people who got there after I did were getting let in. So I said to the powers that be ‘when is my turn coming’. And they basically said ‘ hold your horses lady you were a real bitch’ . To which I responded ‘ that other girl was a bitch and she got in’ . A comment that sent me to the back of the line.

Intrigued, I ordered a book about Purgatory based on a nuns visions she had; a charism the church calls it and was very enlightened. Then basic thread throughout is that Love covers a multitude of sins.
Ari (01-21-2023), JoeP (01-21-2023), Kamilah Hauptmann (11-22-2023), lisarea (01-21-2023)
Old 01-21-2023, 12:00 AM
Just keep m'nose clean, egg, chips & beans, I'm always full of steam

So are you going to start with the Love, or do you figure you've still got some time left?

:sockpuppet:...........
Old 01-21-2023, 12:05 AM
angry white woman

I think I’m gonna examine my motives and if pride is a driving force behind my behavior I’ll think twice before acting or speaking. The book talks about being humble a lot too
Old 01-21-2023, 07:59 PM
Rambling Old Fart

Hmmm. I have always hated Waiting Rooms."
Maybe they are basic training for later.
[sigh]
Old 01-24-2023, 04:48 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

I was tasked with locating and bullying Art Bell, the talk radio guy. After wandering around a while, I found him talking to some guy in some kind of atrium/lounge in a hotel or mall or something. So I came up behind him and told him I'd heard him talking shit about me before, and we needed to discuss this just me and him, so the other guy had to leave. I was lying. I just said that to get him alone and put him on the defensive so I could strongarm him into signing a non disclosure agreement about something. I forget what, though. Probably aliens or something.

I do not know what Art Bell actually looks like, but in this case he was like a nerdier, middle aged version of Andre Gregory, but 6'7" tall.

I got him in a car and was all acting like a mobster or something, and said we're going to go find somewhere to sit down and talk about this like adults. There were like five different African restaurants nearby, so I asked him if he liked African food. He said no, I told him he'd manage, and we went to a Sudanese place.

It just sort of fades there in the corner booth of a dimly lit little Sudanese restaurant, me being all tough and making threats, some more veiled than others, and Art Bell getting increasingly nervous as I pull out the contract.

I'm pretty cool like that, you guys.
Thanks, from:
Ari (01-24-2023), ceptimus (01-24-2023), Crumb (01-24-2023), Ensign Steve (01-24-2023), JoeP (01-25-2023), Kamilah Hauptmann (01-24-2023), Sock Puppet (01-24-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 10:24 PM
here to bore you with pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea View Post
I do not know what Art Bell actually looks like, but in this case he was like a nerdier, middle aged version of Andre Gregory, but 6'7" tall.
I don't know about the height, but it's a fair comparison otherwise.
Old 03-01-2023, 03:01 PM

I was at some form of learning seminar - possibly a workplace function, or a convention - and to make an unknown rhetorical point, Neil deGrasse Tyson draws a pistol, and grabs a man as a hostage. He fires a couple times into the ceiling, and then fires the pistol two times at me, an audience member.

I'm uninjured, because the pistol is actually an empty CO2 pellet gun. I immediately confront NGT about this, how inappropriate this is, how he scared the audience and me specifically, how this is unprofessional behavior, and about how his actions are possibly illegal. The "hostage" is nonplussed, and NGT is unapologetic.

Almost immediately, some of NGT's defenders claim I couldn't be too scared, because I should have known it was a pellet gun, and that it wasn't a "real" gun and therefore appropriate to do. Meanwhile, NGT calmly exits the area with the "hostage" while I yell at them. I then try to find someone in authority at this event in what looks like an elementary school principal's office. All the while, I'm hearing disembodied voices of NGT supporters commenting on how I'm overreacting.
Thanks, from:
Ari (03-01-2023), BrotherMan (03-01-2023), Crumb (03-01-2023), Ensign Steve (03-01-2023), JoeP (03-01-2023), Kamilah Hauptmann (03-01-2023), lisarea (03-02-2023), Sock Puppet (03-02-2023)
Old 03-01-2023, 04:43 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

I'd taken my meds for today yesterday by mistake, but here they are in the pill caddy still!

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
Ari (03-01-2023), BrotherMan (03-01-2023), JoeP (03-05-2023), lisarea (03-02-2023), Sock Puppet (03-02-2023), specious_reasons (03-02-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 05:02 PM

Had two overlapping weird anxiety dreams.

The first one was that I decided to ride my bike to work. Traffic conditions were busy, and it was generally dangerous. I have a saddle bag for the bike, and it came loose. While I was putting it back on, I realized I didn't bring anything with me. The bag was empty. Not only did I not have my laptop or anything I'd normally bring to work, but I also didn't bring anything to deal with 90+ minute bike ride. I was also worried about my brakes (in reality my rear brakes are a little soft and need to be tightened), and I didn't have any tools to deal with it.

This kind of overlapped with a work/health anxiety dream. I wasn't functioning properly because one of my internal service's replicas were failing with a spew of errors that looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn't figure it out. What I mean by "internal service" is that it's not clear that this was on a computer or if this was a service of my body. Regardless. it wasn't working and all I could think to do was restart it again and again. I couldn't get to sleep because this process wasn't working. Again, I'm not sure I couldn't sleep because the function of this service was to help me sleep or if I couldn't sleep because this failure bothered me so much. This service failure may also be why I decided to ride my bike to work and forget everything at home.

I hate dreams where I'm dreaming I can't sleep. Often it also means that I'm not actually sleeping very well, or at least it feels like it when I get up.
Thanks, from:
Ari (05-04-2023), ceptimus (05-05-2023), Ensign Steve (05-04-2023), JoeP (05-05-2023), lisarea (05-04-2023), maddog (05-19-2023)
Old 05-04-2023, 05:48 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscousmemories View Post
Is there a thread for weird dreams? If not...
Is there any other kind of dream?

- Richard P. Feynman
Thanks, from:
maddog (05-19-2023), Miss Shelby (07-09-2023)
Old 05-05-2023, 08:53 AM
Solipsist

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
it wasn't working and all I could think to do was restart it again and again.
This is the way.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Old 07-07-2023, 02:40 PM

I dreamt that I adopted two adult male comedians. Comedians just starting out - unknowns. We were living in a house that was in a yard similar to my childhood home, but the house was more like the one I live in now. I think I adopted them so I could help with their career, but I acted like their father. One of them (the bigger of the two) started bullying the other, eventually punching him. I tried my best to be kind and fatherly while trying to figure out why he’s bullying his “brother”. The dream faded out while I was walking into the house with the bullied brother to get him some ice.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (07-07-2023), ceptimus (07-08-2023), Ensign Steve (07-07-2023), JoeP (07-07-2023), Kamilah Hauptmann (07-07-2023), Miss Shelby (07-09-2023), slimshady2357 (07-08-2023), Sock Puppet (07-07-2023), viscousmemories (07-07-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 05:46 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

I'd been invited to stay in some eccentric family's mansion. Throughout the place I'd found a number of little boxes to discover with trinkets and short written anecdotes about things that have happened in the house.

:AB: :canada:
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (11-30-2023), JoeP (11-23-2023)
Old 01-03-2024, 10:51 PM
angry white woman

I have dreams occasionally about pundits I admire , Ben Shapiro being one, and recently I dreamt I was introduced to him and becoming engaged in his internet endeavors . And after a few illogical things took place, in the midst of a conversation with me, he vomited a turtle. A very ornate turtle which left me with an uneasy feeling. So I googled what dreams with turtles meant and specifically barfing them up. And I have to say I was encouraged.
Old 01-04-2024, 02:59 AM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shelby View Post
So I googled what dreams with turtles meant and specifically barfing them up. And I have to say I was encouraged.

For the love of God! What does it mean??

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 03-25-2024, 09:03 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

I've gotten used to living next to a shooting range, and I've even gotten used to the 7 am volley fire of recruit certification, but this morning it intermixed with half awake dreams where I was editing photos but at every real pistol shot it caused the scroll wheel to change direction and the image to scroll, and I just can't tell you how frustrating editing images that keep scrolling back and forth at the will of distant gunfire is.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (03-25-2024), Ensign Steve (03-26-2024), JoeP (03-26-2024), Kamilah Hauptmann (03-26-2024), Sock Puppet (03-26-2024), specious_reasons (03-25-2024)

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium