Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 01-21-2010, 08:16 PM
Fishy mokey

News "Even babies and children can be killed if they pose a threat"

I thought I follow Israel v Palestine quite well, but this one still slipped through:
Quote:
Rabbi Yitzhak Shapiro, who heads the Od Yosef Chai Yeshiva in the Yitzhar settlement, wrote in his book "The King's Torah" that even babies and children can be killed if they pose a threat to the nation.

Shapiro based the majority of his teachings on passages quoted from the Bible, to which he adds his opinions and beliefs.

"It is permissable to kill the Righteous among Nations even if they are not responsible for the threatening situation," he wrote, adding: "If we kill a Gentile who has sinned or has violated one of the seven commandments - because we care about the commandments - there is nothing wrong with the murder.
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1126890.html

Just so that you know and aren't surprised when the killing starts. Well, it already has started long ago of course, but still. And no, I have no idea how babies pose a threat either...
256 colors (01-21-2010), But (01-24-2010), The Man (01-22-2010)
Old 01-21-2010, 08:28 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Default Re: "Even babies and children can be killed if they pose a threat"

I don't disagree that children and women should be killed if they pose a threat, if it would save lives. The classic example of a child armed with a grenade for example. Or take suicide bombers, haven't women done that?

However, I have no idea how babies could pose a threat no doubt, and the idea that someone would advocate murder in the case of violators of the commandments and that it was clarified as nonjews, well thats just bullshit.
The Man (01-22-2010)
Old 01-21-2010, 08:38 PM
Fishy mokey

Well, women obviously should be treated as men but they weren't mentioned here.

Anyway, what this guy obviously means to do is justify the kind of violence that was perpetrate in Gaza or even that in Sabra and Shatila in the name of the Torah. Would probably have been big news had Ahmadinejad said it, but this was the first time I read it (and only because I have been searching for news and background articles on Israel in Lexis Nexis all week).

Btw I have read how Lebanese Christian falangists justify the killing of Palestinian children by pointing out that they need to kill them because otherwise they would come back and avenge their parents.
The Man (01-22-2010)
Old 01-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

Quote:
...if they pose a threat to the nation.
Besides the killing babies thing, that's the bit I'm not a fan of. Way too vague.
But (01-24-2010), The Man (01-22-2010)
Old 01-21-2010, 08:39 PM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

We need to do way instain rabbi! Who kill Gentile babbies! Because these babby can't frihgt back?
Thanks, from:
256 colors (01-21-2010), curses (01-23-2010), Ensign Steve (01-21-2010), lisarea (01-21-2010), livius drusus (01-21-2010), Naru (01-21-2010), Stormlight (01-22-2010), The Man (01-22-2010), Watser? (01-21-2010), wei yau (01-21-2010), Ymir's blood (01-22-2010)
Old 01-21-2010, 08:49 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watser? View Post
Well, women obviously should be treated as men but they weren't mentioned here.

Anyway, what this guy obviously means to do is justify the kind of violence that was perpetrate in Gaza or even that in Sabra and Shatila in the name of the Torah. Would probably have been big news had Ahmadinejad said it, but this was the first time I read it (and only because I have been searching for news and background articles on Israel in Lexis Nexis all week).

Btw I have read how Lebanese Christian falangists justify the killing of Palestinian children by pointing out that they need to kill them because otherwise they would come back and avenge their parents.
Oh i understand, its just I read the thread title as women and children for some reason.

oopsie. I do understand the context of the bullshit, i just misread that. no worries
Watser? (01-21-2010)
Old 01-21-2010, 10:46 PM

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
Old 01-21-2010, 10:52 PM
1 tE@cH j00 +HE Ov3Rm@N

Children might, being that they're old enough to understand and only that.

But I don't think babies pose much of a threat.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:02 PM
Fishy mokey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastard View Post
Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)
http://www.thebricktestament.com/the...t13_13-15.html

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brick1.jpg (98.3 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg Brick2.jpg (100.0 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg Brick3.jpg (85.2 KB, 133 views)
But (01-24-2010), ChuckF (01-22-2010), Deadlokd (01-24-2010), Demimonde (01-23-2010), erimir (01-22-2010), Gonzo (01-22-2010), Kael (01-22-2010), Nullifidian (01-22-2010), Pan Narrans (01-22-2010), Stormlight (01-22-2010), The Man (01-22-2010), Ymir's blood (01-22-2010), Zehava (01-22-2010)
Old 01-21-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getfed View Post

But they are great for hiding suicide bombs under?

Last edited by Bastard; 01-21-2010 at 11:03 PM. Reason: context
Old 01-22-2010, 01:23 AM
Flipper 11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getfed View Post
They might, once they grow up, and learn to foster all this hatred (from their mother) after their father is killed. I'm not saying I agree with it but, that may be what is meant by it.

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:
Old 01-22-2010, 01:28 AM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

Stupid babies need the most attention, you know.

:thanked:
Thanks, from:
Adam (01-22-2010)
Old 01-22-2010, 03:03 AM
Uber Enginerd

It's all a big bag of irrational religious horseshit.

End of story.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

When he says the "Righteous among Nations" he's not saying that they ought to be like, killing Oskar Schindler, is he?
Old 01-22-2010, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
I don't disagree that children and women should be killed if they pose a threat, if it would save lives. The classic example of a child armed with a grenade for example. Or take suicide bombers, haven't women done that?
With women it shouldn't even need defending.
Women are involved in the military, and so will be involved in combat.
The palis definitely don't refrain from killing Israeli women.
When it comes to 'children' if a 'child' points a gun at you, you usually have a split second to either take that 'child' out or you die.
People who've never been in a combat zone should be ignored when it comes to these issues.
They have no idea what it is like.

The big problem isn't the Israeli 'occupation', it's the Palestinians.
The way to solve the Palestinian problem is to get rid of the Palestinians.
They can't even get along with other Arabs, and the Arab countries sure don't want them.
Were I in charge in Israel I'd have Jordan set aside a reservation for the Palis.
If the carrot doesn't work, the stick would.
Then manual labor, various service sector and other low IQ jobs that right now are taken by the Palis (and not that well, as they're rather lazy people) could be taken up by Sephardics and Falasha.
"Men are idolaters, and want something to look at and kiss and hug, or throw themselves down before; they always did, they always will; and if you don't make it of wood, you must make it of words . . ."

--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.
Old 01-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

The irony is, of course, that white supremacists are usually among the worst examples of their race.

But don't worry, there's room in the low-IQ jobs for the Aryan Nation too!
Thanks, from:
Gonzo (01-24-2010), Naru (01-22-2010), Nullifidian (01-23-2010), Stormlight (01-22-2010), The Man (01-22-2010), Watser? (01-22-2010)
Old 01-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Fishy mokey

Ah Yes, this is one of those new style nazis, Wilders style. Jews are up, Muslims are down.
Gonzo (01-24-2010), Nullifidian (01-23-2010), Pan Narrans (01-23-2010)
Old 01-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Fishy mokey

I guess I am not the only one who noticed this 'new European racism', from Ha'aretz:
Quote:
A short while after the Anglo-American invasion of Iraq, Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi, in an interview with The Spectator (on September 11, 2003) defended his support for the war despite the widespread opposition it had engendered in Italy. In responding to one question, Berlusconi employed a moral distinction between Benito Mussolini and Saddam Hussein. Mussolini, he said, did not kill.

A storm broke out and the Italian leader hastily apologized to the Jewish community in that country for his stupidity. And justifiably so. After all, under Mussolini not only were racist laws against the Jews passed, Jews were murdered for being Jews. However, when he apologized Berlusconi ignored the masses of Italians who had been tortured and murdered under Fascism, the Italian invasion of Ethiopia in 1935 and the use of gas to massacre huge numbers of Ethiopians. He did not apologize for any of these acts.

Nor did the Jewish community in Italy demand that he apologize for them. They were interested only in the Jews who were murdered.

The Holocaust has become part of Europe's new religion. Under its aegis, one has the right to hate foreigners and migrants. The greatest Islamophobes are also friends of Israel, and the Jewish communities for the most part do not dare to defend the victims of the "new" European racism - Muslims, Africans and Gypsies.
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1144454.html

Of course Gypsies were also victims of the 'old' European racism: somewhere between 200,000 and 600,000 Gypsies were murdered by the Nazis.
Crumb (01-25-2010), erimir (01-23-2010), fragment (01-23-2010), Nullifidian (01-23-2010), Pan Narrans (01-23-2010), Ymir's blood (01-23-2010)
Old 01-27-2010, 09:48 PM

I don't mind at all that Israel is "racist."
As a nationalist though I'll admit I'm wary of the many billion$ of "aid" American taxpayers send to the Jewish state.
What do we get out of it?.
I'm leery of Israeli influence in the U.S. government, which sometimes can develop into outright control.
Israel also isn't worth a drop of American blood.
Let the Israelis fight their own wars.
Michael Scheuer is great on this issue, very encouraging as he's very sharp and a former CIA director.

Love the looks of shock on that arrogant turd Maher's face at some of Scheuer's replies...
"Men are idolaters, and want something to look at and kiss and hug, or throw themselves down before; they always did, they always will; and if you don't make it of wood, you must make it of words . . ."

--Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr.

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law