Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law

Old 09-02-2022, 07:35 PM
liar in wolf's clothing

Default Re: The Biden Administration

I think the optics were expressly to trigger Qanon et al, to further anchor Republicans to them and Trump pre-midterms. And so far that seems to be working: the fucking drooling morons are out screeching about satan, demons, just truly batshit crazy Republican nonsense babble that makes them sound like exactly the batshit insane facists they are.
Thanks, from:
Ari (09-02-2022), beyelzu (09-03-2022), Crumb (09-03-2022), Ensign Steve (09-02-2022), fragment (09-03-2022), It's Me! (09-02-2022), JoeP (09-03-2022), Kamilah Hauptmann (09-02-2022), lisarea (09-02-2022), SharonDee (09-06-2022), slimshady2357 (09-02-2022), Sock Puppet (09-02-2022), specious_reasons (09-03-2022), Stephen Maturin (09-02-2022), viscousmemories (09-02-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shelby View Post
Me and about 75 million other people. This guy really wants unity.
We don't need unity. We just need y'all to stop undermining democracy. After that, I doubt m(any) of us care what y'all do with your time.

Quote:
What was with the weird optics, though?
Did Biden clear the area with tear gas before giving his speech or something?
beyelzu (09-03-2022), ChuckF (09-03-2022), Crumb (09-03-2022), JoeP (09-03-2022), mickthinks (09-02-2022), SharonDee (09-06-2022), slimshady2357 (09-02-2022), Sock Puppet (09-03-2022), Stephen Maturin (09-02-2022)
Old 09-07-2022, 12:04 AM
Projecting my phallogos with long, hard diction

In other news, the federal student financial aid website was having some issues with too many people trying to log on a couple weeks ago.

But I was able to get on today and discover that I did indeed get a Pell Grant back when I was in undergrad.

$20,000 in loan forgiveness has exceeded my expectations for what I would be able to get out of Biden. That's not quite half of my outstanding loan balance.

I would certainly be fine with getting more, personally, but I don't feel like there's a huge problem in not fully forgiving, for example, people's $200k+ loans for business school or Ivy League graduate degrees, etc.

It might also not be the optimal use of government money at this time. The problem is, of course, that better uses of government money mostly have to pass through Congress. And the Senate filibuster ensures that most of those uses just ain't gonna happen. So given the options available to Biden, it seems like a pretty good use of money.
Thanks, from:
BrotherMan (09-07-2022), ChuckF (09-07-2022), Crumb (09-07-2022), Ensign Steve (09-07-2022), It's Me! (09-07-2022), JoeP (09-07-2022), Kamilah Hauptmann (09-07-2022), lisarea (09-14-2022), mickthinks (09-07-2022), SharonDee (09-07-2022), slimshady2357 (09-07-2022), Sock Puppet (09-07-2022), specious_reasons (09-07-2022), Stephen Maturin (09-14-2022), viscousmemories (09-07-2022)
Old 09-14-2022, 03:16 PM
angry white woman

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/inflati...-penn-wharton/
Old 09-14-2022, 09:22 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Me! View Post
Quote:
Me and about 75 million other people. This guy really wants unity.
We don't need unity. We just need y'all to stop undermining democracy. After that, I doubt m(any) of us care what y'all do with your time.

Quote:
What was with the weird optics, though?
Did Biden clear the area with tear gas before giving his speech or something?
LOL. Okay go hold your breath waiting for us to 'undermine democracy'

I don't know about tear gas but it's possible the smell of sulfur made some people duck out.
mickthinks (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 09:07 AM
Trying to find the actual stastics

Why do you have “undermine democracy” in quotes, Shel? Do you believe that Trump won the 2020 election?
Ari (09-15-2022), Crumb (09-15-2022), It's Me! (09-15-2022)
Old 09-15-2022, 11:16 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickthinks View Post
Why do you have “undermine democracy” in quotes, Shel? Do you believe that Trump won the 2020 election?
oh shucks I read that to mean 2016 election.
So let me revise. Biden is in the White House isn’t he?

Last edited by Miss Shelby; 09-15-2022 at 11:37 PM.
Old 09-16-2022, 02:08 AM
Crumb 2.7 is now available!

That sounds like a "yes" to me.
mickthinks (09-16-2022)
Old 09-17-2022, 01:18 AM
angry white woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb View Post
That sounds like a "yes" to me.
Well it is and it isnít. I know Trump lost votes to his constituency. There were more Trump people who didnít see the error of his ways. I did and yes voted for him anyway. I have since had multiple internet arguments with people who are Trump til the end. That said I voted for Trump 2020.

Iíve heard the theories. I have also heard the 2016 theories.

I am an ordinary Midwest lady doing the best I can for my family. But I DONíT know the goings on of Washington and or special interest groups. I have NO idea what elections are rigged and what are not. How would I know?
Old 09-25-2022, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Do you believe that Trump won the 2020 election?
Quote:
I have NO idea what elections are rigged and what are not.
Okay, that doesn't actually answer the question.

Also, if you have no idea, you have no evidence that there is any rigging of votes in any election. So why are you assuming there is, and that it's the Democratic Party and not the Republican Party that benefits?

Also, why do you have no idea? The evidence that Biden's victory was not rigged and that Trump really didn't win is copious and well-reported. Claiming you haven't seen or heard it make you look like you are covering you eyes and ears and demanding the right not to know.

:noevil2:

btw: "I know Trump lost votes to his constituency. There were more Trump people who didn’t see the error of his ways. I did and yes voted for him anyway. " —You do realise that this is gibberish?
Old 09-28-2022, 08:16 PM
angry white woman

Biden mistakenly calls out recently deceased congresswoman
Old 09-28-2022, 09:20 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

Turning briefly forgetting that someone you expect to be alive no longer is because they only recently died as a ‘you’re having dementia’ moment is some pretty cold and callous gaslighting.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (09-29-2022), mickthinks (09-28-2022), SharonDee (09-30-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 09:22 PM
angry white woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Turning briefly forgetting that someone you expect to be alive no longer is because they only recently died as a Ďyouíre having dementiaí moment is some pretty cold and callous gaslighting.
That's not good enough.
Old 09-28-2022, 09:23 PM

Youíre going to need to be more descriptive than that.
Old 09-28-2022, 09:24 PM
angry white woman

I really don't think I do.
Old 09-28-2022, 09:37 PM

Then I donít know what youíre talking about, and have only this :cat: to respond with.
Thanks, from:
Crumb (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Turning briefly forgetting that someone you expect to be alive no longer is because they only recently died as a ‘you’re having dementia’ moment is some pretty cold and callous gaslighting.
Yep, it's a big gaffe, no question.

You forget shit at any age; when you are old, it happens way more often. Biden is old. Is he too forgetful to be President? It is possible, I guess, but no one with any undertstanding of the complexity of psychiatry in general, and dementia in particular, would sanction a diagnosis on the basis of a gaffe like that.

Did I say "no one with any understanding ..."? That leaves the field wide open for right-wingers with neither integrity nor compunction—oh, hello Shel! :boywave:
Old 09-28-2022, 10:33 PM
angry white woman

Default Re: The Biden Administration/

Quote:
Did I say "no one with any understanding ..."? That leaves the field wide open for right-wingers with neither integrity nor compunctionóoh, hello Shel! :boywave:
Hi there, micky. There is a big difference between every day forgetfulness and forgetting a traumatic incident in where one has said to be Ďshocked and saddened, where an individual has been killedóthe memory slip being so bad that one peers out calling the person by name. And in that rare case youíd that person would be mortified beyond be belief and apologize. I know the latter, my mother had it my grandmother had it and so did my husbandís grandmother. But who knows? Maybe he really DID see her.

Scott Pelley recently asked the president on 60 minutes why people ship question his competency.. paraphrasing..and the presidentís reply was Watch me. Iím making an observation
mickthinks (09-29-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 10:44 PM

Based on this criteria, I have dementia.
Sad finding out this way, that accidentally presuming someone you want to be alive was still alive before realizing they arenít isnít just a general gaff of life and memory but a sign of a debilitating disease, why combined with having trouble remembering names Iím at the Sleepy Joe stage of Biden Spectrum Dementia already.
Thanks, from:
JoeP (09-29-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 10:57 PM
angry white woman

Fair enough Ari. But he DID appear to get lost on the stage at one his speaking engagements. USA Today said, in his defense. “He appeared to have an awareness of where the steps were “ he probably stopped for a photo op. I WATCHED the video. He wasn’t posing for no photo. And thee are a lot of other examples
Old 09-28-2022, 11:18 PM

Ya know I got to thinking that whenever I’ve seen him Biden seems reasonably coherent, certainly more of a Bush Jr than Obama, but no where the general rambling truth-free nature of Trump, but then I don’t really watch everything Biden does.

So I asked google and what I found shocked me… in how transparently nothing it was.

I found this guest article by Republican Greg Ganske from 2021 and it not only has a big list but there are links too! Jackpot, here we go!

Opinion: Joe Biden's mental acuity is cause for concern and action

——
•During the campaign, he said, “I think we can win back the House” when it was already in his party’s hands.

Linked Daily Caller article, ““Together, I think we can win back the House,” Biden said, before correcting himself. “We’re gonna keep the House, increase it and flip the Senate.”

Rating: Quick correction.

——
•Super Tuesday became Super Thursday;

Linked Fox News article, "So join us! Go to JoeBiden.com. Sign up, volunteer, contribute if you can, but we need you very badly. Every vote matters tomorrow," Biden said. "Look, tomorrow is Super Thur- Tuesday. And I want to thank you all."

Rating: Quick Correction.

——
•he forgot the words of the Declaration of Independence, “We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women are created, by the, you know, you know the thing.”

Linked Fox News article ““We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women are created, by the, you know, you know the thing,””

Full quote “Sounds corny, not a joke. Think about it. We hold these truths to be self evident, all men and women created by … You know the thing. You know how we talk about it. We the people, folks endowed by our creator certain unalienable rights. We’ve never lived up to that. We’ve never lived up to that. Thomas Jefferson, who wrote the words, never lived up to it, but we’ve never ever before walked away from it. Never. And I believe with every fiber in my being, that’s who we still are. We have always moved forward.”

Rating: Using a sound bite to create false concern.

——
•He even misstated what office he was running for in South Carolina: “My name’s Joe Biden. I’m the Democratic candidate for the Senate.”

And if you’re still with me, this is where I started to laugh:
Linked article from same Des Moines Register as the original article titled “Fact check: Viral video of Joe Biden on running for Senate is missing context”

Rating: False claim.
——
The article itself goes on, there are some actual gaffs with people’s names, almost always names, but if this is the evidence they have that Biden has debilitating dementia I have a hard time seeing it as anything but an outright lie propagated by conservative news media.
Old 09-28-2022, 11:53 PM
angry white woman

I’m not the person anymore to defend Trump. BUT you (almost always the exception being he would build a wall) always knew where the mother fucker stood in the moment he was speaking. He got in trouble for NOT reading from the teleprompter whereas the president seems to read things from the teleprompter that he’s not supposed to.
I don’t regret voting for Trump the first or even the second time. But I have admitted I will not more than likely do it again. That takes some eating of some crow and I do it in hindsight. I just hope his constituency doesn’t have to to regret anything worse that way. It sucks to learn that way. But elder abuse just because you don’t like Trump. That’s a murder of crows
LarsMac (09-29-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 06:03 AM
Old Fart

I hope that some of our neighbors will come around to your point of view.
They are doubling down on Mr T for '24, already.

I can't wait to see who/what the Dems actually put up next year. Joe's a nice guy, but it's time for him and Berny to retire.
Maybe AOC will take a run at it. Or Senator Tammie from Illinois. I could get behind those two.
Thanks, from:
Miss Shelby (09-30-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Did I say "no one with any understanding ..."? That leaves the field wide open for right-wingers with neither integrity nor compunction—oh, hello Shel! :boywave:
Hi there, micky. There is a big difference between every day forgetfulness and forgetting a traumatic incident in where one has said to be ‘shocked and saddened, where an individual has been killed ...
Okay, Shel, you believe either that you are well-qualified to diagnose dementia (over the internet lol) or that you need no such training and qualification. In either case, you will be able to sketch out the "big difference" you've identified and explain why that makes this likely to be a clinical case of dementia, and not just a partisan smearagnosis.

You can't, can you?

Because you're a right-winger with neither integrity nor compunction, and you made it up.
Old 09-29-2022, 05:45 PM
angry white woman

mickey, remember when you were a little kid and your parents taught you not to tell a lie? Remeber the first time you had to come clean? Wasn't it much easier to state the truth and be done with it, and just apologize. There is not one iota of shame in admitting the president forgot her death.

I say this because I read the transcript of the press secretary's response to this she gave to several reporters. I suggest you do the same.

Freethought Forum > The Public Baths > News, Politics & Law