Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #10201  
Old 06-20-2012, 03:41 AM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMVCDXXXIV
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
I can appreciate that you rely on scientists, but in the process of doing so, you are cutting yourself off from anything other than the way you see things, which is quite biased. This is why I call you a very narrow minded individual, and I will not retract my words.
Who asked you to retract? I have stated from the beginning that I am biased toward evidence. The best evidence wins with me! Scientists have lots and lots of hard evidence, Lessans offered none at all.

So yes, I am quite biased against baseless assertions and arrogant, unsupported claims. All I am "cutting myself off from" is crackpottery and woomeisters.
That's exactly why I'm not going to talk with you anymore. You have not read the book. You have no idea what the discovery is. So believe what you want. I'm not wasting my time because you're already the expert. :glare:
Reply With Quote
  #10202  
Old 06-20-2012, 03:44 AM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMVCDXXXIV
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
The requirements to become a doctor will be more stringent than they are today.
It doesn't matter how stringent the requirements are if anyone who considers himself qualified will be allowed to practise medicine.
It's really frustrating to me to see people who are trying to understand what Lessans is saying, but can't, because they haven't done their homework. I will not get involved in these absurdities because that's exactly what they are.
Reply With Quote
  #10203  
Old 06-20-2012, 03:48 AM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMVCDXXXIV
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
LOL, Lessans said that doctors could determine for themselves if they were qualified and knowledgeable enough and there would be no right granting by others.

That means no licensing and no required training.
Again, your ignorance is showing. You don't have the slightest understanding of even the most basic aspects of this knowledge. It's a total waste of my time and effort.
Reply With Quote
  #10204  
Old 06-20-2012, 04:01 AM
Spacemonkey's Avatar
Spacemonkey Spacemonkey is offline
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: VMCLXXIII
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You are being so ignorant right now, I can't talk to you.
Who do you think you're kidding?

You screwed up, and now you're shifting responsibility.
To say what you just said shows me how ignorant you really are. I'm not sure who is more ignorant, you or LadyShea. It's a toss up.
There you go shifting responsibility for your own mistakes again. Do you think you'd be able to stop doing this if we were to stop blaming you for it?

__________________
video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor

Last edited by Spacemonkey; 06-20-2012 at 04:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (06-20-2012)
  #10205  
Old 06-20-2012, 04:03 AM
Spacemonkey's Avatar
Spacemonkey Spacemonkey is offline
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: VMCLXXIII
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
The requirements to become a doctor will be more stringent than they are today.
It doesn't matter how stringent the requirements are if anyone who considers himself qualified will be allowed to practise medicine.
It's really frustrating to me to see people who are trying to understand what Lessans is saying, but can't, because they haven't done their homework. I will not get involved in these absurdities because that's exactly what they are.
LadyShea is the one supporting what she says with direct quotes from the book, while you are the one who keeps directly contradicting Lessans' own words (and your own) while making ad hominem attacks against everyone else. Looks like you haven't done your homework.
__________________
video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (06-20-2012)
  #10206  
Old 06-20-2012, 04:10 AM
Angakuk's Avatar
Angakuk Angakuk is offline
NeoTillichian Hierophant & Partisan Hack
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Iowa
Gender: Male
Posts: MXCCCLXXXIII
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

I bet she hasn't done her laundry either.
__________________
Old Pain In The Ass says: I am on a mission from God to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable; to bring faith to the doubtful and doubt to the faithful. :shakebible:
Reply With Quote
  #10207  
Old 06-20-2012, 04:25 AM
davidm's Avatar
davidm davidm is offline
Spiffiest wanger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: MXCXXV
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You are being so ignorant right now, I can't talk to you.
Who do you think you're kidding?

You screwed up, and now you're shifting responsibility.
To say what you just said shows me how ignorant you really are. I'm not sure who is more ignorant, you or LadyShea. It's a toss up.
:grin:

Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Stephen Maturin (06-20-2012)
  #10208  
Old 06-20-2012, 04:28 AM
davidm's Avatar
davidm davidm is offline
Spiffiest wanger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: MXCXXV
Blog Entries: 3
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Hey, peacegirl, when you were planning to get around to explaining why NASA uses delayed-time seeing calculations to send spacecraft to Mars and other celestial bodies? That would be never, huh? :awesome:

:lol:
Reply With Quote
  #10209  
Old 06-20-2012, 04:37 AM
Spacemonkey's Avatar
Spacemonkey Spacemonkey is offline
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: VMCLXXIII
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Hey, peacegirl, when you were planning to get around to explaining why NASA uses delayed-time seeing calculations to send spacecraft to Mars and other celestial bodies? That would be never, huh? :awesome:

:lol:
I expect she'll be answering that right after she tells me where the red photons were just before the photograph was taken.


...Should be any day now. :)
__________________
video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor
Reply With Quote
  #10210  
Old 06-20-2012, 04:46 AM
LadyShea's Avatar
LadyShea LadyShea is offline
I said it, so I feel it, dick
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Here
Posts: XXXMDCCCXCVII
Images: 41
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

I lost my copy of the book, where did you pull the quote below from? It wasn't in the passage we were discussing

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
You're completely wrong. You are taking what he was saying out of complete context, once again. No surprise. The requirements to become a doctor will be more stringent than they are today. As I said, you have no clue what you're saying.
No, I am not. I am using his exact words.

The requirements weren't part of question, the question was in regard to "being trained" and having a license.
That being said the requirements are only what any individual requires for him or herself.
No, that's not it at all. The requirements are not what any individual requires of himself. The requirements are the standards that exist in that field. How in the world did I get into this? :doh: You can't jump into the middle of this book and think you're going to understand it. That's arrogant.

The final examination will be the most thorough and toughest ever
given and may take several days or even weeks.


Quote:
Each person will judge his own qualifications and if he wishes to risk hurting others who will not blame him, this is his business. If someone wishes to open an office and hang out a shingle no one is going to question him, but the full responsibility of hurting others with his treatments must rest on his own shoulders
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons
Lessans implies that people who want to call themselves "doctor" will work extra hard and be certain they are very, very well trained before dispensing medical advice.
That's true, but the reason for this is because of the change in the environment which forces his hand. That's why this law is so powerful.
Reply With Quote
  #10211  
Old 06-20-2012, 06:24 AM
specious_reasons's Avatar
specious_reasons specious_reasons is online now
here to bore you with pictures
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: VCCCXXVII
Images: 8
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
I lost my copy of the book, where did you pull the quote below from? It wasn't in the passage we were discussing

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
You're completely wrong. You are taking what he was saying out of complete context, once again. No surprise. The requirements to become a doctor will be more stringent than they are today. As I said, you have no clue what you're saying.
No, I am not. I am using his exact words.

The requirements weren't part of question, the question was in regard to "being trained" and having a license.
That being said the requirements are only what any individual requires for him or herself.
No, that's not it at all. The requirements are not what any individual requires of himself. The requirements are the standards that exist in that field. How in the world did I get into this? :doh: You can't jump into the middle of this book and think you're going to understand it. That's arrogant.

The final examination will be the most thorough and toughest ever
given and may take several days or even weeks.


Quote:
Each person will judge his own qualifications and if he wishes to risk hurting others who will not blame him, this is his business. If someone wishes to open an office and hang out a shingle no one is going to question him, but the full responsibility of hurting others with his treatments must rest on his own shoulders
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons
Lessans implies that people who want to call themselves "doctor" will work extra hard and be certain they are very, very well trained before dispensing medical advice.
That's true, but the reason for this is because of the change in the environment which forces his hand. That's why this law is so powerful.
I pulled it from my downloaded copy of the book, it's the version that's missing CH 10.

Isn't it strange, that there will be industry standards and testing, yet each individual will determine who will call themselves doctors? Clearly, Lessans thought he was qualified to treat people without any training as a psychiatrist, what's to stop others from just assuming they know how to treat patients? This is what "alternative medicine" providers do every day.
__________________
ta-
DAVE!!!
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (06-20-2012)
  #10212  
Old 06-20-2012, 12:12 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMVCDXXXIV
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You are being so ignorant right now, I can't talk to you.
Who do you think you're kidding?

You screwed up, and now you're shifting responsibility.
To say what you just said shows me how ignorant you really are. I'm not sure who is more ignorant, you or LadyShea. It's a toss up.
There you go shifting responsibility for your own mistakes again. Do you think you'd be able to stop doing this if we were to stop blaming you for it?

This is an immutable law Spacemonkey. The reason you don't understand these principles is for two reasons: One is because you aren't trying to understand. You are confronting me at every turn without carefully studying the first three chapters, which is a must. And you have to do this without confrontation or making me have to jump hoops for you to pay attention. Secondly, you are twisting this knowledge to suit you, not realizing that you are coming from a free will position, just like you are trying to understand efferent vision coming from the afferent perspective. And you actually think you are one up on Lessans? You really disappoint me because I know you have the capacity to understand what is being said, but your answers show me that you are not here to learn. You are here to confront, just like LadyShea, and your mind won't allow you to understand this knowledge even a little bit. Is it that you resent me and that's why you are coming up with these ridiculous posts? Were you serious when you said I am shifting my responsibility, and will I stop when I'm not being blamed? Do you actually think you understand these principles, for if you think you do, I don't think I can help you.
Reply With Quote
  #10213  
Old 06-20-2012, 12:24 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMVCDXXXIV
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
I lost my copy of the book, where did you pull the quote below from? It wasn't in the passage we were discussing

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
You're completely wrong. You are taking what he was saying out of complete context, once again. No surprise. The requirements to become a doctor will be more stringent than they are today. As I said, you have no clue what you're saying.
No, I am not. I am using his exact words.

The requirements weren't part of question, the question was in regard to "being trained" and having a license.
That being said the requirements are only what any individual requires for him or herself.
No, that's not it at all. The requirements are not what any individual requires of himself. The requirements are the standards that exist in that field. How in the world did I get into this? :doh: You can't jump into the middle of this book and think you're going to understand it. That's arrogant.

The final examination will be the most thorough and toughest ever
given and may take several days or even weeks.


Quote:
Each person will judge his own qualifications and if he wishes to risk hurting others who will not blame him, this is his business. If someone wishes to open an office and hang out a shingle no one is going to question him, but the full responsibility of hurting others with his treatments must rest on his own shoulders
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons
Lessans implies that people who want to call themselves "doctor" will work extra hard and be certain they are very, very well trained before dispensing medical advice.
That's true, but the reason for this is because of the change in the environment which forces his hand. That's why this law is so powerful.
I pulled it from my downloaded copy of the book, it's the version that's missing CH 10.

Isn't it strange, that there will be industry standards and testing, yet each individual will determine who will call themselves doctors? Clearly, Lessans thought he was qualified to treat people without any training as a psychiatrist, what's to stop others from just assuming they know how to treat patients? This is what "alternative medicine" providers do every day.
Specious_reasons, do you think you understand this chapter? Do you really? You also are one who just wants to attack Lessans, just so you claim victory. This is not a competition. You understand nothing. Do you have the book on your hard drive? If you do, why don't you read it, and then ask some intelligent questions. I don't even know where to begin. You don't even understand the point that Lessans was making, do you? What was his point? You don't even know. :sadcheer: What is his discovery Specious? Why in the world do you think he put this in the foreword? Why are you dismissing his earnest request for you to read the book in the order in which it was written? Why don't you care what the author is urging the reader to do, because he knows the confusion people will get themselves into if they don't do what he asked. This is really sad on so many levels because I'm not going to be here for that much longer, and what you will left with is a complete misinterpretation of this book. Unfortunately, it will be YOU who will lose because you will never have read the book the way it was intended.

Decline and Fall of All Evil: Foreword i-ii

In view of the fact that the first two chapters must be studied
thoroughly before any other reading is done not only because it is
a key that will unlock a door to the greatest treasure in the history
of mankind, but also because the rest of the book, though much
easier, will not make any sense otherwise, a table of contents has
been omitted to preclude as much as possible someone opening the
book at random or reading in a desultory manner.

Should you
jump ahead and read other chapters this work could appear like a
fairy tale, otherwise, the statement that truth is stranger than fiction
will be amply verified by the scientific world, or by yourself, if you
are able to follow the reasoning of mathematical relations. If you
find the first two chapters difficult, don’t be discouraged because
what follows will help you understand it much better the second
time around. This book was written in a dialogue format to
anticipate the questions the reader might have, and to make these
principles as reader friendly as possible.

There is some repetition
for the purpose of reinforcing important points and extending the
principles in a more cohesive fashion, but despite all efforts to
make this work easier to understand it is still deep and will require
that you go at a snail’s pace reading many things over and over
again. When you have finally grasped the full significance and
magnitude of this work, and further realize there has never been,
and will never be, another like it because of what is undeniably
achieved, you will cherish it throughout your entire life.

Well, would you like to see what happens when science, the
perception and extension of undeniable observations, takes over
the problems of human conflict as the result of a fantastic
discovery? Would you like to see that the mankind system has
been obeying an invariable law just as mathematically harmonious
as that which inheres in the solar system; a law that allowed a
prophesy to be made thousands of years ago and verified in the 20th
century?

Would you like to learn, though this book has nothing
whatever to do with religion or philosophy, that your faith in God
will finally be rewarded with a virtual miracle, one that will shortly
deliver us from all evil? If you are sincerely interested in seeing
this fantastic transition to a new way of life which must come
about the moment this discovery is thoroughly understood, all I ask
is that you do not judge what you are about to read in terms of your
present knowledge but do everything in your power to understand
what is written by following the mathematical relations implicitly
expressed throughout.

Please remember that any truth revealed in
a mathematical manner does not require your approval for its
validity, although it does necessitate your understanding for
recognition and development. And now my friends, if you care to
come along, let us embark...the hour is getting late.
Reply With Quote
  #10214  
Old 06-20-2012, 12:27 PM
Spacemonkey's Avatar
Spacemonkey Spacemonkey is offline
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: VMCLXXIII
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
This is an immutable law Spacemonkey. The reason you don't understand these principles is for two reasons: One is because you aren't trying to understand. You are confronting me at every turn without carefully studying the first three chapters, which is a must. And you have to do this without confrontation or making me have to jump hoops for you to pay attention. Secondly, you are twisting this knowledge to suit you, not realizing that you are coming from a free will position, just like you are trying to understand efferent vision coming from the afferent perspective. And you actually think you are one up on Lessans? You really disappoint me because I know you have the capacity to understand what is being said, but your answers show me that you are not here to learn. You are here to confront, just like LadyShea, and your mind won't allow you to understand this knowledge even a little bit. Is it that you resent me and that's why you are coming up with these ridiculous posts? Were you serious when you said I am shifting my responsibility, and will I stop when I'm not being blamed? Do you actually think you understand these principles, for if you think you do, I don't think I can help you.
:weasel: :weasel: :weasel: :weasel: :weasel: :weasel:

1) Do you accept that you have significant memory impairment?

2) Are you presently in institutional care of any sort?

3) Have you ever been diagnosed or treated for any mental health related condition?
__________________
video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor
Reply With Quote
  #10215  
Old 06-20-2012, 01:09 PM
LadyShea's Avatar
LadyShea LadyShea is offline
I said it, so I feel it, dick
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Here
Posts: XXXMDCCCXCVII
Images: 41
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
I lost my copy of the book, where did you pull the quote below from? It wasn't in the passage we were discussing

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
You're completely wrong. You are taking what he was saying out of complete context, once again. No surprise. The requirements to become a doctor will be more stringent than they are today. As I said, you have no clue what you're saying.
No, I am not. I am using his exact words.

The requirements weren't part of question, the question was in regard to "being trained" and having a license.
That being said the requirements are only what any individual requires for him or herself.
No, that's not it at all. The requirements are not what any individual requires of himself. The requirements are the standards that exist in that field. How in the world did I get into this? :doh: You can't jump into the middle of this book and think you're going to understand it. That's arrogant.

The final examination will be the most thorough and toughest ever
given and may take several days or even weeks.


Quote:
Each person will judge his own qualifications and if he wishes to risk hurting others who will not blame him, this is his business. If someone wishes to open an office and hang out a shingle no one is going to question him, but the full responsibility of hurting others with his treatments must rest on his own shoulders
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons
Lessans implies that people who want to call themselves "doctor" will work extra hard and be certain they are very, very well trained before dispensing medical advice.
That's true, but the reason for this is because of the change in the environment which forces his hand. That's why this law is so powerful.
I pulled it from my downloaded copy of the book, it's the version that's missing CH 10.

Isn't it strange, that there will be industry standards and testing, yet each individual will determine who will call themselves doctors? Clearly, Lessans thought he was qualified to treat people without any training as a psychiatrist, what's to stop others from just assuming they know how to treat patients? This is what "alternative medicine" providers do every day.
peacegirl rebutted with this quote below, that was not from the passage under discussion. The passage under discussion of course said exactly what I was saying it did (Each person will judge his own qualifications)

The final examination will be the most thorough and toughest ever
given and may take several days or even weeks.


Also he clearly said there would be no licensing, or rights granting.

Also, yes, alt meds and quacks all think they are highly qualified. I tried to explain this to peacegirl...there are doctors who truly believe they are helping others and giving perfect medical advice when they simply have no way to determine this due to lack of efficacy trials, or are outright putting people at risk as they may not seek other opinions.
Reply With Quote
  #10216  
Old 06-20-2012, 01:59 PM
thedoc's Avatar
thedoc thedoc is offline
I'm Deplorable.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: XMMCCCXCVI
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
This is an immutable law Spacemonkey.

Uh Oh, We're all going to get tickets now for breaking this 'immutable law', Any one have friends at City Hall that can 'fix' a ticket?
Reply With Quote
  #10217  
Old 06-20-2012, 02:04 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMVCDXXXIV
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angakuk View Post
I bet she hasn't done her laundry either.
Why Angakuk? This is a serious conversation but you are making it a joke. Of all people, I would think you would control your prejudices just for the fact that a minister (or whoever you call yourself to be) is in the house. I don't get it, and you don't have to explain. It won't matter.
Reply With Quote
  #10218  
Old 06-20-2012, 02:07 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMVCDXXXIV
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
I lost my copy of the book, where did you pull the quote below from? It wasn't in the passage we were discussing

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
You're completely wrong. You are taking what he was saying out of complete context, once again. No surprise. The requirements to become a doctor will be more stringent than they are today. As I said, you have no clue what you're saying.
No, I am not. I am using his exact words.

The requirements weren't part of question, the question was in regard to "being trained" and having a license.
That being said the requirements are only what any individual requires for him or herself.
No, that's not it at all. The requirements are not what any individual requires of himself. The requirements are the standards that exist in that field. How in the world did I get into this? :doh: You can't jump into the middle of this book and think you're going to understand it. That's arrogant.

The final examination will be the most thorough and toughest ever
given and may take several days or even weeks.


Quote:
Each person will judge his own qualifications and if he wishes to risk hurting others who will not blame him, this is his business. If someone wishes to open an office and hang out a shingle no one is going to question him, but the full responsibility of hurting others with his treatments must rest on his own shoulders
Quote:
Originally Posted by specious_reasons
Lessans implies that people who want to call themselves "doctor" will work extra hard and be certain they are very, very well trained before dispensing medical advice.
That's true, but the reason for this is because of the change in the environment which forces his hand. That's why this law is so powerful.
I pulled it from my downloaded copy of the book, it's the version that's missing CH 10.

Isn't it strange, that there will be industry standards and testing, yet each individual will determine who will call themselves doctors? Clearly, Lessans thought he was qualified to treat people without any training as a psychiatrist, what's to stop others from just assuming they know how to treat patients? This is what "alternative medicine" providers do every day.
peacegirl rebutted with this quote below, that was not from the passage under discussion. The passage under discussion of course said exactly what I was saying it did (Each person will judge his own qualifications)

The final examination will be the most thorough and toughest ever
given and may take several days or even weeks.


Also he clearly said there would be no licensing, or rights granting.

Also, yes, alt meds and quacks all think they are highly qualified. I tried to explain this to peacegirl...there are doctors who truly believe they are helping others and giving perfect medical advice when they simply have no way to determine this due to lack of efficacy trials, or are outright putting people at risk as they may not seek other opinions.
Are you really that ignorant LadyShea? You obviously passed over the foreword. You will not do what the author asked you to do, and that's why you are so confused. I'm not saying you are ignorant in general, but you are ignorant as far as this discovery is concerned, yet you acting like a know it all. It's seriously disturbing to me because you are the spokesperson for this thread. You, in your self-importance (I know you think you are using what you believe to be empirical proof but it's not) believe you are all that, and because of your delusion, you are putting yourself into places you don't belong. You are a fraud LadyShea as far as I'm concerned. Fight me all you want, but I see very clearly what you are doing, and it's not pretty.
Reply With Quote
  #10219  
Old 06-20-2012, 02:08 PM
naturalist.atheist naturalist.atheist is offline
Reality Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: VMMCXXX
Images: 7
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
LOL, Lessans said that doctors could determine for themselves if they were qualified and knowledgeable enough and there would be no right granting by others.

That means no licensing and no required training.
Again, your ignorance is showing. You don't have the slightest understanding of even the most basic aspects of this knowledge. It's a total waste of my time and effort.
peacegirl, this sums up the last ten years of your life.
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
Spacemonkey (06-20-2012)
  #10220  
Old 06-20-2012, 02:08 PM
Spacemonkey's Avatar
Spacemonkey Spacemonkey is offline
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: VMCLXXIII
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
This is a serious conversation...
No it isn't. It hasn't been a serious conversation for several thousand posts now. It hasn't been a serious conversation because you aren't capable of seriously addressing other people's points or questions. The only thing that's serious here is your diminished mental capacity.
__________________
video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor
Reply With Quote
  #10221  
Old 06-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Spacemonkey's Avatar
Spacemonkey Spacemonkey is offline
I'll be benched for a week if I keep these shenanigans up.
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: VMCLXXIII
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Are you really that ignorant LadyShea? You obviously passed over the foreword. You will not do what the author asked you to do, and that's why you are so confused. I'm not saying you are ignorant in general, but you are ignorant as far as this discovery is concerned, yet you acting like a know it all. It's seriously disturbing to me because you are the spokesperson for this thread. You, in your self-importance (I know you think you are using what you believe to be empirical proof but it's not) believe you are all that, and because of your delusion, you are putting yourself into places you don't belong. You are a fraud LadyShea as far as I'm concerned. Fight me all you want, but I see very clearly what you are doing, and it's not pretty.
Why do you keep resorting to ad hominem attacks instead of addressing what people are actually saying?
__________________
video meliora proboque, deteriora sequor
Reply With Quote
Thanks, from:
LadyShea (06-20-2012)
  #10222  
Old 06-20-2012, 03:32 PM
thedoc's Avatar
thedoc thedoc is offline
I'm Deplorable.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: XMMCCCXCVI
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
You have not read the book.

It is not surprising that Peacegirl is often met with hostility and negative reactions. She provides a copy of the book and askes people to read it, when they do and start to ask questions or critisize it, she resorts to this kind of claim and ad hominem attacks. What she fails to understand is that people could not ask the questions they do without reading the book. That is the give away that people have actually read it but disagree, but to Peacegirl disagreement is a clear indication of a lack of understanding or not actually reading it. In a way its like helping with or doing a job and then not getting credit for the work done, Peacegirl is shooting herself in the foot with her arrogant and condecending attitude.
Reply With Quote
  #10223  
Old 06-20-2012, 03:42 PM
LadyShea's Avatar
LadyShea LadyShea is offline
I said it, so I feel it, dick
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Here
Posts: XXXMDCCCXCVII
Images: 41
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Are you really that ignorant LadyShea? You obviously passed over the foreword. You will not do what the author asked you to do, and that's why you are so confused. I'm not saying you are ignorant in general, but you are ignorant as far as this discovery is concerned, yet you acting like a know it all. It's seriously disturbing to me because you are the spokesperson for this thread. You, in your self-importance (I know you think you are using what you believe to be empirical proof but it's not) believe you are all that, and because of your delusion, you are putting yourself into places you don't belong. You are a fraud LadyShea as far as I'm concerned. Fight me all you want, but I see very clearly what you are doing, and it's not pretty.
Why do you keep resorting to ad hominem attacks instead of addressing what people are actually saying?
She can't address the valid criticisms so all she has is ad homs.

It's apparent to all the imaginary readers who is the ignorant fraud.
Reply With Quote
  #10224  
Old 06-20-2012, 04:32 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMVCDXXXIV
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
The requirements to become a doctor will be more stringent than they are today.
It doesn't matter how stringent the requirements are if anyone who considers himself qualified will be allowed to practise medicine.
It's really frustrating to me to see people who are trying to understand what Lessans is saying, but can't, because they haven't done their homework. I will not get involved in these absurdities because that's exactly what they are.
LadyShea is the one supporting what she says with direct quotes from the book, while you are the one who keeps directly contradicting Lessans' own words (and your own) while making ad hominem attacks against everyone else. Looks like you haven't done your homework.
If your goal is to understand this book, you're ruining it for yourself. Your copying my words isn't going to get you anywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #10225  
Old 06-20-2012, 04:34 PM
peacegirl's Avatar
peacegirl peacegirl is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: U.S.A.
Gender: Female
Posts: XXMVCDXXXIV
Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacemonkey View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Are you really that ignorant LadyShea? You obviously passed over the foreword. You will not do what the author asked you to do, and that's why you are so confused. I'm not saying you are ignorant in general, but you are ignorant as far as this discovery is concerned, yet you acting like a know it all. It's seriously disturbing to me because you are the spokesperson for this thread. You, in your self-importance (I know you think you are using what you believe to be empirical proof but it's not) believe you are all that, and because of your delusion, you are putting yourself into places you don't belong. You are a fraud LadyShea as far as I'm concerned. Fight me all you want, but I see very clearly what you are doing, and it's not pretty.
Why do you keep resorting to ad hominem attacks instead of addressing what people are actually saying?
She can't address the valid criticisms so all she has is ad homs.

It's apparent to all the imaginary readers who is the ignorant fraud.
I'm not even taking this thread seriously anymore. You so blew it LadyShea. Ignorant fraud to use a dialogue format in order to anticipate the questions people are bound to have? He also wrote a book saying he was outer space. Does that make his discovery fraudulent? You are the one that took sentences out of context, so admit it LadyShea. You can't even do that, can you? This is all about your ego.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 1.46632 seconds with 15 queries