Go Back   Freethought Forum > Public Works > Forum Administration

Old 08-11-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: Rant: Being Edited

My argument is mostly this, and only this. Me and D. Scarlatti were on speaking terms when I started using his name which I said, I did so accidentally. Actually, vm, I have had two people I know reveal personal information about me, one accidentally and the other without knowing it was meant to be private, and in both cases, since I had a problem with it, I immediately said something to them.

We were speaking, on good terms, he never said anything to me about the usage of his name.

Now, since I have made it clear that I think he is such an asshole, and since I happened to have been edited, he's saying, well, I really didn't like her using my name, I'm glad you guys did something for me though he never said anything to me nor you.

Anyways, in my eyes, that's all rather convenient. That's it, that's all.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetie
Wow, Sweetie! You sure made everyone here look stupid with those insightful observations!

And by 'everyone here,' of course, I mean 'yourself.'
Old 08-11-2005, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viscousmemories
Sweetie, why are you here?
Why have I ever been here, my saying as opposed to merely just thinking that a few of you are assholes does not really change my reason for being here which was, because I have and had friends here. Mostly, I'm just here for them because there is no other place I meet up with them.

I'm sorry if I insult back when I'm insulted.

I'm sorry if I defend myself even against unreasonable odds both knowing that naturally, most of you are biased and will not agree with me, naturally, most of you disagree with me about everything since we have differing fundamental principles, and that naturally, no matter what, I will not win but I have had outside support other than those who speak up only to tear me down along with everyone else.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea
Quote:
Wow, Sweetie! You sure made everyone here look stupid with those insightful observations!

And by 'everyone here,' of course, I mean 'yourself.'
:shrug:

You're so very convincing.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:58 PM

You guys are like a pack, you think numbers mean anything to me.

And make no mistake vm, I struggle with the idea of staying here when you run this place and between you and liv, I just.........:shrug:

I think liv said I was still welcome. You'd have to check with her about that.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:20 PM
Babby Police

Quote:
... since I happened to have been edited, he's saying, well, I really didn't like her using my name ...
Correct.

Quote:
... I'm glad you guys did something for me ...
Correct.

Quote:
... though he never said anything to me nor you.
Correct.

Quote:
That's it, that's all.
Let's fucking hope so, for everyone's sake.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:24 PM

Can you clean that up a bit Scarlatti?.......Thanks.

Can you answer this question for me?

Would you say that it would have been the easiest thing in this case to merely have said to me, "I noticed you used my first name. I would prefer that you didn't."

Do you accept any responsibility at all or is it all on me and you get to be a victim and vm gets to be the hero and I get to bad guy, oh wonder of wonders.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:28 PM
Admin

Quote:
Why have I ever been here, my saying as opposed to merely just thinking that a few of you are assholes does not really change my reason for being here which was, because I have and had friends here. Mostly, I'm just here for them because there is no other place I meet up with them.
If that's the case, then I would think that you would restrict yourself to interacting with those people. On the contrary, you have spent the last couple of days talking about how biased and discriminatory we administrators and the majority of the members here are, and how little you enjoy yourself here. In light of that, I honestly don't see what you're getting out of being here.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:39 PM

Quote:
If that's the case, then I would think that you would restrict yourself to interacting with those people.
Well no, I don't see how that follows. Also, I know you would prefer it if I kept my opinions to myself, but I won't do so at your behest. I will challenge you, I will be challenged, I will challenge back. It happens. If you would like me out of your hair, take your own advice to others, and simply put me on ignore.

Quote:
On the contrary, you have spent the last couple of days talking about how biased and discriminatory we administrators and the majority of the members here are,
Administration. I don't know that I have such a problem with the administration as I do with the administrators though I don't know that it's ever been a secret. I've been at odds with you for months, you have gotten on my case and challenged me as I do others so you're not so innocent and liv, well, that's neither here nor there. I haven't really gotten into it with her and it seems at least for now, that I don't have to so why? She's not putting herself in my face except for her unchallengable cheerleading, I'm not getting in hers that I know of, see how that works?

Biased members, yes, of course, it happens.

Quote:
and how little you enjoy yourself here. In light of that, I honestly don't see what you're getting out of being here.
Eh, to be honest some days it's alright, some days it's not. Some days are heated, some days are calm. Some days everybody is against me, some days they're not.

Seriously, in one thread there's me against what, seven people? And you expect me not to get stressed when every breath is challenged and complained about and whatever, and not just by one person, there's several and some of which are doing nothing but wishing to incite. I'm not allowed to get angry or?

Seriously, it seems some people have nothing substantial to give to the whole board except a criticism of me and the way I write or whatever. It's insane.

Really, all the theists that stay here either don't get into any deep discussions with any of you, or they're hard as nails or used to being shit on. What are we against your crew?

And some of you pack animals, I happen to think, jump the gun a bit too soon, a bit too often so you can blame me for all the heat, but I'm not all to blame. Some of my thouhts and difficulties are expressed calmly and I give an argument instead of flames. Some see flames where there are none.

There's a whole bunch of innocent inciters around here who come in, incite and leave and then consider themselves worthy judges who get to complain from an innocent vantage point.

Do you disagree? And yet, you think you have created such a lovely little environment and if we leave, it's a problem with us? Granted, you may admit there's a problem with others as well, but in the face of it, if you're just left with each other, all you've managed to do is recreate IIDB but mostly for a hang-out instead of the real exchange of ideas.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:44 PM
Admin

Quote:
If you would like me out of your hair, take your own advice to others, and simply put me on ignore.
As an administrator I am not at liberty to put you on ignore. I am required to monitor all the posts on this forum for violations of our rules.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:47 PM

Quote:
As an administrator I am not at liberty to put you on ignore. I am required to monitor all the posts on this forum for violations of our rules.
Ah well, you have my deepest sympathies.

Might I say, I wish you were more adept at recognizing what is called "brinking" or "baiting". Just a thought.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Admin

Quote:
Might I say, I wish you were more adept at recognizing what is called "brinking" or "baiting". Just a thought.
Since neither 'brinking' or 'baiting' are against our rules here, I have no idea what significance this has to the quoted text you were responding to.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:48 PM

Having a privacy policy makes sense, and removing the information immediately makes sense. Even if Scarlatti used to allow his name to be used, if he doesn't anymore, that's his right. Sweetie probably couldn't have known this, so using the name wasn't her fault, so to speak. Nevertheless, the edit was justified, since the purpose of an edit is to protect privacy, not to punish the user.

If it were me, I'd probably replace the real name with the username, rather than just [edit].

It might be useful for the admins to keep some kind of document, a list of people who've given permission to use their real name (or whatever other information).

For the record, you all do not have permission to address me by my name. :whup: :D
Old 08-11-2005, 09:27 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Adams
If it were me, I'd probably replace the real name with the username, rather than just [edit].
I agree that would be more aesthetically appealing, but we think changing people's words sets a dangerous precedent. We think it's better for people to know exactly what we changed on those rare occasions we have to change someone's words.

Quote:
It might be useful for the admins to keep some kind of document, a list of people who've given permission to use their real name (or whatever other information).
We'll definitely consider something like that if it ever becomes difficult to manage. Since we've only had about two cases of this happening in the last year, it's not really an issue yet.
Old 08-11-2005, 10:43 PM
Bad Wolf

The bad guy? Who the fuck is calling you the bad guy? No disciplinary action was taken against you. One word of one of your posts was edited. So what? If you hadn't started this thread only two or three people would have even known about it.
Old 08-11-2005, 11:02 PM
California Sober

Quote:
Though everybody of course, has their own comment to add though they seemingly don't want to "get involved." Rather contradictory I think.
I agree. Contradictory and completely annoying. And since I have never said that I was not going to "get involved" in anything myself, I feel completely noncontradictory when I call people out on it.

Quote:
Insults are more effective when the people you are supposed to be insulting are familiar with the things you are referencing or am I less "kewl" because I don't automatically know?
For once in our lives, I am actually more ignorant than you on this subject. At first I thought you were sweetkitty, then I thought you were not, and now I am completely unsure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarea
And I would also like to apologize in advance to Ensign Steve for the inevitable confusion.
Hey, it's all good! You can totally help boost my stats on googlefights! :D
Old 08-11-2005, 11:06 PM
California Sober

Quote:
All I do know is that you make references to yourself as a homosexual,
I DO?!?! :shock:
Old 08-12-2005, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Steve
Right, you do which means nothing to me except for the fact that I don't like to
think of you and sex at the same time at all, keep it in context.

Quote:
I agree. Contradictory and completely annoying. And since I have never said that I was not going to "get involved" in anything myself, I feel completely noncontradictory when I call people out on it.
Well........that's kewl, just like you.

Quote:
For once in our lives, I am actually more ignorant than you on this subject.
Since you really never offer any arguments for anything or seem to have any well thought out opinions at all, or at least none that you've revealed online, then might I suggest that the jury is still out on that one.

I find it amusing that you feel ever so free to say what's in that tiny little brain of yours while you have all your compadres around you, and I'm not backed up by anyone and never had been here except for a few random posts occasionally.

Quote:
At first I thought you were sweetkitty, then I thought you were not, and now I am completely unsure.
Sorry to disappoint but I am not sweetkitty.

While I admit, I may have a sweetkitty, I am not one so spare me.

Might I compliment you on your username though? It brings up images of some kind of robotic butch, probably just what you were going for.

Last edited by Sweetie; 08-12-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:33 PM
forever in search of dill pickle doritos

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Steve
Right, you do...
She does? Where?

Certainly, I've never seen her make any such references. Sheesh, she even talks about her boyfriend/husband sometimes...
Old 08-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshady2357
She does? Where?

Certainly, I've never seen her make any such references. Sheesh, she even talks about her boyfriend/husband sometimes...
I've never seen any such references here either. I wonder if Sweetie isn't confusing her with someone else.
Old 08-12-2005, 04:57 PM

No, not confusing her, she's the nurse that likes to fuck, right?

There's been a few threads where she's insinuated that she likes women. Doesn't matter though, I had only one purpose in bringing it up even though she originally would have brought up homosexuality through the sweetkitty reference if I was reading that sweetkitty reference right.

:dunno:
Old 08-12-2005, 05:14 PM
Admin

Quote:
There's been a few threads where she's insinuated that she likes women.
As you should well know, Ensign Steve is a member of the US Military and as such your apparently unfounded claims could have a detrimental impact on her real life career. I suggest you either provide links to the threads you are claiming she posted in or retract the accusation. Libel is of course a legally actionable offense here in America, and in accordance with our policies here we will cooperate fully with any action that might come about.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:17 PM

Quote:
As you should well know, Ensign Steve is a member of the US Military and as such your apparently unfounded claims could have a detrimental impact on her real life career. I suggest you either provide links to the threads you are claiming she posted in or retract the accusation. Libel is of course a legally actionable offense here in America, and in accordance with our policies here we will cooperate fully with any action that might come about.
You're kidding, right? Briging out the big guns, huh vm?

She can verify. She posted a shocking smilie, not a negating one. She didn't deny. See, if I was sweetkitty and if her insults were based on what I think her references indicating, that I am some kinda bigotted, ignorant, idiotic Fundamentalist who is not only an ex-homosexual but an anti-homosexual, then that would makes sense, the shocking smilie I mean.

See, she can say such things to me, or insinuate and all I said was that she's unattractive to me which is the point of the homosexual reference. See how genteel that was, probably 90 percent of the population is unattractive to me so it looked like an insult without necessarily being one.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:20 PM
Admin

Quote:
You're kidding, right? Briging out the big guns, huh vm?
No, I'm not kidding. Of course the likliehood of Ensign Steve sueing you for libel is extremely slim, but I just wanted to make sure that you and anyone else reading this is aware that you are making a deliberate effort to spread unsupported, potentially personally damaging information about another member here.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:21 PM

Soooo, it was not a false accusation, from my memories it's actually true but Ensign Steve will have to verify.

But you are going to start removing all false accusations then, or only of those in the military?

Freethought Forum > Public Works > Forum Administration