Karma is Rael

Default Re: Climategate 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 256 colors View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Quote:
Do you require other writing samples or drafts? In what styles, and on what topics?
Yes. What role did the Vikings play in the Franco Prussian war and how did that increase wheat production in the Baltics. Double spaced please.
But, Ari, I was referring to my own, personal failu-- ok, fine. I gotta do some homework first, and, I do not understand my own Chromebook, so, I need a little time. I chose to have things open in apps, and, I am very busy regretting the consequences of my own actions over here.

But, I still wanna make it good for you, so, I need some time to get ready.
Siege of Paris | Viking Siege, 885-886 | Britannica

omg this is going to take ages. I love the writing prompt, and the resear-- um, online keyword lookups I am going to get to do for this homework, Ari.

I enjoy reading detailed online material and published encyclopedic information about many topics.

In regards to history, it's exciting to see how much is available online now in 2024 to read about ancient history, authored by all these authories, and historians; while at the same time seeing new information and actual photographs of white mobs murdering Black people in the USA in the Red Summer of 1919 that I somehow missed in 2019. There is so much more to read about that.

I wonder about how the entire US stock market crashed ten years later, and, there sure is a lot of information to read about that online, but, ah, they have absolutely no idea what happened in Tulsa or in cities around the good old USA in the decade immediately preceding.

Oh, Cambridge, 2007.

Never mind. I know this one.

Anyway, I also have to read a bunch of stuff about Chat Gepetto (I stole that) and AI/LLM (totally not watching the 2010 TED talk) (oh, I, too, enjoy computer programs that spew code that contains English words and phrases) and I am also trying to understand copyright law as it pertains to parody.

I still enjoy useless typing, and reading. Have you ever heard of Hyperlexia?

I will need some time to think about the Vikings and the French and the Siege of Paris. I'll see a pattern eventually. Thanks.
Thanks, from:
Ari (02-14-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 06:30 AM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyShea View Post
Hansen is asked "What is the runaway greenhouse effect" at 1:54 and he answers that question, including that if it happens the oceans could boil away. Scientifically possible.
Hansen is a lunatic.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-14-2024, 11:39 AM
Solipsist

Quote:
Coming back to :ff: was a bigger mistake than I'd thought. Damn.
Coming back to :ff: is always a mistake and always the right thing to do.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
-FX- (02-14-2024), 256 colors (02-14-2024), Ari (02-14-2024), Crumb (02-14-2024), Pan Narrans (02-14-2024), Stephen Maturin (02-14-2024)
Old 02-14-2024, 01:19 PM
Forum gadfly

This is true

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-14-2024, 06:37 PM
I read some of your foolish scree, then just skimmed the rest.

That's better than what I could get ChatGPT to give me, it was adamant there was no connection, even after I got it to imagine one, it made it clear I was crazy, but that's obviously what they would program it to say if there really was a connection all along. :rush:

Also pay FX no mind, they're more clever than all of us, that's why they hang around with teenagers.
Thanks, from:
256 colors (02-14-2024), Crumb (02-14-2024)
Old 02-16-2024, 11:20 PM
Forum gadfly

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-17-2024, 01:35 AM
mesospheric bore

What's that supposed to be showing?
Old 02-17-2024, 08:34 AM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
It is widely accepted that there has been about 1.5°C surface temperature warming across the planet since about 1880, and this is causing polar ice to melt and an increase in the frequency of hot days. Multiple data sets from NOAA, NASA, and CRU show approximately the same behavior.

However, earlier versions of the same data sets from the same organizations showed much less historical warming. Historical data has been systematically altered over the past 15 years to cool past temperatures and increase more recent temperatures. The amount of warming from 1880 to 2000 is now shown by NASA as double what was shown in 2001. Going back further to the 1975 National Academy of Sciences report, we see a completely different story—where all 1900–40 warming was lost by 1970.

This chapter shows evidence of data tampering, historical obfuscation, and collusion—to reach the current consensus among the small group of people who control this critical data. It also shows that periods of Arctic/glacial melting are cyclical and have been seen in the recent past.
Heller 2016

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-17-2024, 08:36 AM
Forum gadfly

Heller is 100% correct, and since that publication, the "experts" have altered what they show even more. Which is hard to believe.

So of course I checked for myself. It's absolutely true. They are shameless about it at this point.

They have altered the past so much that any model based on using the fake data gives out nonsense scenarios. None of which have ever come true.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-17-2024, 10:22 PM
mesospheric bore

Which data sources? These graphs have no citations. What is "NCAR 1974"? Is it this global climate simulation (i.e. not observational data at all)?
Old 02-17-2024, 11:05 PM
Pontificating Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by -FX- View Post

So of course I checked for myself. ...

Of course you did. :yup:
Old 02-17-2024, 11:13 PM
Pontificating Old Fart

I think that this is what that was coming from, sort of,...

source: NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) Surface Temperature Analysis

https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/5060/

Last edited by LarsMac; 02-17-2024 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-19-2024, 07:41 AM
mesospheric bore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragment View Post
Which data sources? These graphs have no citations. What is "NCAR 1974"? Is it this global climate simulation (i.e. not observational data at all)?
:crickets:
Crumb (02-19-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 06:24 AM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragment View Post
Link no longer works

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Good lord, only a total idiot would deny that the scientific data strongly point to global warming and that it is largely if not entirely human induced
It was that sort of sentiment, that kind of unscientific argument, that induced my skeptical sense about this shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-X View Post
The university at the centre of the climate change row over stolen e-mails has been accused of making a misleading statement to Parliament

And the funny part is, true believers really think nothing was done. They did nothing wrong. It's not like they are pretending to think that, they really believe it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cultsmasher View Post
It would seem that humans have de-evolved into creatures that are repelled by the truth.
It's even worse. They are averse to even thinking about the truth. For example:
Quote:
True Believer: I'm not concerned with the violations of the FOI

Skeptic: Why not?

True Believer: The important thing is climate science that shows dangerous warming has been found to be true!

Skeptic: So just ignore the violations of law?

True Believer: Why do you hate science?

Skeptic: Do you think ignoring it will make it go away?

True Believer: You are like a Holocaust denier!

Skeptic: You think insulting people gives you credibility?

True Believer: Do you work for Exxon?

Skeptic: Do you think ignoring questions makes them vanish?

True Believer: I can't even talk to you, you are clearly crazy.

Skeptic: Why do you ignore wrong doing by scientist?

True Believer: The warming, that is the important thing!

Skeptic: You sound like a religious person.

True Believer: Millions of people will die if we don't act now.

Skeptic: This is a joke, right?
I wish it was a joke.

Quote:
Sadly, the true believer isn't in my head, but on the internet.
I found out they are everywhere! It was awful.

Quote:
A day doesn't go by I don't read spew that is worse than that. By people who claim to be skeptics.

It's dismaying.
Well, it was. Now it's a never ending source of amusement.

Quote:
I found my first climate related post on this forum.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0th View Post
Hilarious, the emails reveal Jones/UEA et al discussing how to evade FOI *before* a single application had been received.

Willis Eschenbach’s FOI Request « Climate Audit – mirror site
That is hilarious.
It's also strange to find there actually exists, for really real, somebody who doesn't know what NCAR means, and can't use Google to find out.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 02-20-2024, 07:44 AM
mesospheric bore

Quote:
It's also strange to find there actually exists, for really real, somebody who doesn't know what NCAR means, and can't use Google to find out.
The question wasn't "what is NCAR?". It was "What is NCAR 1974?" Which specific data set is in that graph?

Why are you evading this very simple question? Shall I take this as indicative of the lack of rigour that you used when checking things for yourself?
Crumb (02-20-2024), JoeP (02-20-2024), mickthinks (02-20-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 11:17 AM
Mr. Condescending Dick Nose

Why is Effie evading a very simple question?

Why is the Pope a Catholic? ...

:popebull:
JoeP (02-20-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 07:53 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

Buckle up:

Quote:
If the anomaly does not stabilize by August — a reasonable expectation based on previous El Nińo events — then the world will be in uncharted territory. It could imply that a warming planet is already fundamentally altering how the climate system operates, much sooner than scientists had anticipated. It could also mean that statistical inferences based on past events are less reliable than we thought, adding more uncertainty to seasonal predictions of droughts and rainfall patterns.
Climate models can’t explain 2023’s huge heat anomaly — we could be in uncharted territory

:AB: :canada:
Old 03-24-2024, 08:26 PM
Pontificating Old Fart

I know a couple of guys at NCAR, and last year at lunch one of them was saying how that "Tonga thing" was possibly going to really screw with the database in the next year or so.

I think that we are already in that "Uncharted Territory."
"Here be Dragons."
Kamilah Hauptmann (03-25-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 08:47 PM
Pontificating Old Fart

oops
Old 03-25-2024, 01:24 AM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMac View Post
I know a couple of guys at NCAR, and last year at lunch one of them was saying how that "Tonga thing" was possibly going to really screw with the database in the next year or so.

I think that we are already in that "Uncharted Territory."
"Here be Dragons."
I think the daily injection of a massive amount of water vapor/ice crystals into the stratosphere is definitely changing the chemistry of the earth's atmosphere. Especially since the worst place to do this is over the northern pole of our planet.

Hunga-Tonga just made it harder to pretend it isn't.

And yes, I am talking about humans doing the injecting.

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 03-25-2024, 01:27 AM
Forum gadfly

Note that Fujiwara et al. (2020)'s estimate of the Pinatubo surface temperature response is about five times smaller than earlier estimates found in Crutzen (2006)

Quote:
We find that the Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha-apai eruption produced the largest global perturbation of stratospheric aerosols since the Pinatubo eruption in 1991 and the largest perturbation of stratospheric water vapour observed in the satellite era. Immediately after the eruption, water vapour radiative cooling dominated the local stratospheric heating/cooling rates, while at the top-of-the-atmosphere and surface, volcanic aerosol cooling dominated the radiative forcing. However, after two weeks, due to dispersion/dilution, water vapour heating started to dominate the top-of-the-atmosphere radiative forcing, leading to a net warming of the climate system

The unexpected radiative impact of the Hunga Tonga eruption of 15th January 2022 | Communications Earth & Environment\

water vapour heating started to dominate the top-of-the-atmosphere radiative forcing, leading to a net warming of the climate system

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 03-25-2024, 01:55 AM
Shitpost Sommelier

I don’t think fx will be able to run away from a food riot the way he runs away on the internet.

Old 03-25-2024, 02:26 PM
Forum gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamilah Hauptmann View Post
I don’t think

- Richard P. Feynman
Old 03-25-2024, 05:35 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

Do you even know what your point is?
Old 03-25-2024, 06:06 PM
Shitpost Sommelier

lol, fx is gonna get capped by a drag queen in his first food riot.

Thanks, from:
JoeP (03-25-2024)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > The Sciences