Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium

Old 10-09-2014, 12:36 AM
A fellow sophisticate

Default Re: Weird Dream(s)

This morning, after I had already hit the snooze button twice, I dreamed I was driving my truck on a highway through thickly wooded mountains. Something hit the windshield. It was a tarantula the size of a dinner plate, and it wasn't dead. It crawled up almost completely off the windshield. I could still see some of its legs as it worked its way across to the drivers side. I thought maybe if I went faster it would blow off. I was going about 80 when it suddenly jumped right in my line of sight. I slapped the inside of the glass to try to get it to move, but was ineffective. I almost wrecked the truck on a curve. I managed to wrestle the truck back onto the roadway. I reached up to slap the windshield. Just then the oversized arachnid turned into Gary Busey's face. At that sudden disturbing image, I woke up with a start, yanked the CPAP mask off my face and said, "Damn, what kind of disturbed mind dreams that shit up?"
Corona688 (10-09-2014), Ensign Steve (10-09-2014), Janet (10-09-2014), JoeP (10-09-2014), lisarea (10-09-2014), Miisa (10-09-2014)
Old 10-09-2014, 06:25 PM
Forum Killer

I wonder... Mask on your face == spider on your windshield?
Old 10-09-2014, 09:04 PM
A fellow sophisticate

That does it, I'm wearing a Gary Busey mask for Halloween.

Janet (10-10-2014), JoeP (10-10-2014)
Old 10-10-2014, 09:16 AM
Forum Killer

Yes, that is sufficiently frightening. That exact expression, mind.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:53 PM
A fellow sophisticate

I dreamed I got a job transfer to some unknown place in an area with rolling hills, thickly wooded, fields and streams. We stayed for a week at a Bed and Breakfast that had been a historic inn. It located at an intersection of two roads that met in a valley beneath huge dark oak trees. It was a large 2-1/2 story building that looked like a French chateau. Shortly after moving there found a house to rent that was owned by my employer just down the road from the inn, a Cape Cod style house, white with blue trim. We had our furnishings moved there and moved in. Everything was going well until one day I got fired for no reason that they would give. I went home and found we were locked out of our house. We went to the inn, they put us up for free for a week while we figured out what to do.

And that's where the dream turned weird...

While making a sandwich one day, I noticed what look like roots sticking up out of the floor boards, several of them around the room. Then I noticed they were moving and growing. I cut them off with the sandwich knife. Then later that day, the roots were back, more of them than before. I also noticed a mass of them coming out of a floor vent. I cut them off, then poured a whole box of Epsom's salts down the vent. The roots did not return for several days, until I heard my wife scream in the kitchen. She had opened a drawer, there were roots and vines in a drawer, a small one wrapped around an ink pen. On a piece of paper in the drawer was a scribbly note that read: "You could just leave a cookie or some crumbs out for me, but no, you had to try and kill me, now it's war." There were some dark brown pods on the vines in the drawer, roughly the size of a golf ball. They began to pop open and spew spores. We ran out of the inn, out into the yard, as did the owners.

Standing outside, I decided I should check out the cellar. I went down into the pitch dark cellar with a small flashlight. I didn't really see anything until I looked up. There were vines all over the joists above, all over the cellar. I could see that they entered the house on the north side. I went back outside and saw thick woody vines all up the foundation wall. I grabbed an axe that happened to be handy, and chopped two foot sections out of them. Blood-looking fluid came out. I heard what sounded like screaming inside the inn. Then near silence, but then I noticed flames through the kitchen window.

Then the earth began to shake. I woke up to what felt like a mild tremor. Apparently there were several of them last night.
Corona688 (10-14-2014), Ensign Steve (10-15-2014), JoeP (10-15-2014), lisarea (10-14-2014), Miisa (10-14-2014), Stormlight (11-13-2014)
Old 10-14-2014, 09:02 PM
Dancing redshirt

I never seem to have multi-paragraph dreams.
Dingfod (10-14-2014), JoeP (10-15-2014), Stormlight (11-13-2014)
Old 11-02-2014, 01:41 AM
A fellow sophisticate

In my dream I was in Guffey, Colorado, a tiny almost ghost town about halfway between Hartzel and Royal Gorge. I was at the end of a day looking at real estate. I was about to enter a saloon there. Just before I got to the door, Emily Deschanel and some long-haired dude walked out. Emily smiled at me and asked me, "Do you want to buy tickets to a benefit concert?" I said, "Maybe, when is it and who is playing?" She said it was the following Saturday and it was to benefit the volunteer fire department there. She listed off a bunch of performers and bands I hadn't heard of, ending it with She and Him, her sister Zooey Deschanel's duo with M. Ward. I asked her if she was going to sing. She said, with a odd look on her face, "Have you ever heard me sing?"

Then I woke up.

Janet (11-11-2014), lisarea (11-02-2014), Stormlight (11-13-2014)
Old 11-07-2014, 07:20 PM
A fellow sophisticate

I had two dreams that seemed to be about Alaska, or maybe northern Canada. There was an interruption of less than five minutes between them when I got up to drain my radiator, so to speak.

Dream #1: I walked down a long two-track road from my cabin to the road to check the mailbox. While there, a neighbor was also checking his mail. The neighbor and I walked back up the the two-track together, his German Shepherd dog running about ahead of us. Along one side of the road was what appeared to be a deer or elk fence, woven wire about eight feet high, topped by barbed wire. Out of the woods on the other side of that fence a pack wolves ran toward us. They stopped at the fence and started fighting with each other. The neighbor's dog lunged at the wolves, barking his fool head off. Two of these wolves jumped up on the fence, then over it and started to attack the dog. My neighbor pulled a large revolver out of a shoulder holster waved it at the wolves and said "Bang. Bang", the wolves stopped in their tracks, looked at him. He said "Bang." again, one wolf whimpered, then both of them jumped back over the fence and the entire pack ran off into the woods again.

Dream #2: Still Alaska looking terrain, but this time on a somewhat barren seashore, some hills in the distant, but no trees were seen. I and my dream wife or girlfriend were living in a cabin, a plywood and tarpaper shack really. We rode an ATV down the beach to get driftwood to burn for heat. When we came back, our landlord and his family had moved in. They weren't evicting us, they were moving in with us. They had constructed a loft for us where there had been a vaulted ceiling before. It was crowded and at the same time cold, the tin stove barely keeping us from freezing.

When I awoke, I had kicked off the blanket and was kind of cold.
Stormlight (11-13-2014)
Old 11-07-2014, 10:10 PM
Dancing redshirt

I tend to dream when I sleep on my back and last night was no exception. I was shepherding Rebecca Watson around, as she was for some reason in my neck of the woods. No idea where that quite was, certainly not where I live now, but I seemed to know my way around. And we were, like, totally BFF's by ten minutes in.

Which seemed weird when I woke up.
Dingfod (11-07-2014), Janet (11-11-2014), JoeP (11-07-2014), Stormlight (11-13-2014)
Old 11-08-2014, 03:02 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingfod View Post
I had two dreams that seemed to be about Alaska, or maybe northern Canada. There was an interruption of less than five minutes between them when I got up to drain my radiator, so to speak.

Dream #1: I walked down a long two-track road from my cabin to the road to check the mailbox. While there, a neighbor was also checking his mail. The neighbor and I walked back up the the two-track together, his German Shepherd dog running about ahead of us. Along one side of the road was what appeared to be a deer or elk fence, woven wire about eight feet high, topped by barbed wire. Out of the woods on the other side of that fence a pack wolves ran toward us. They stopped at the fence and started fighting with each other. The neighbor's dog lunged at the wolves, barking his fool head off. Two of these wolves jumped up on the fence, then over it and started to attack the dog. My neighbor pulled a large revolver out of a shoulder holster waved it at the wolves and said "Bang. Bang", the wolves stopped in their tracks, looked at him. He said "Bang." again, one wolf whimpered, then both of them jumped back over the fence and the entire pack ran off into the woods again.
The neighbor in my dream: America, fuck yeah!

Stormlight (11-13-2014)
Old 11-11-2014, 09:12 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Just woke up from a nap, was dreaming I was an assassin, a really bad assassin. I kidnapped a financier of terrorism, had him tied up, gassing him with nitrous oxide, which I thought would leave no trace. I ran out before he was dead, so I had to go steal some more.

I dressed up in blue delivery man coveralls, got a dolly and went to a building where I knew there was a dentist office. I took the elevator up, but it got stuck. I couldn't force the door open. Then I noticed a handwritten note taped above the buttons.

ELEVATOR NO WORK RIGHT
USE AT OWN RISK
ALSO PHONE NO WORK
GOOD LUCK

Damn.

The acronym of my black ops organization? RETROWIN
Replace
Every
Terrorist with
Really
Old
Women
In
Nappies
Corona688 (04-26-2015), Janet (11-11-2014), JoeP (11-12-2014), lisarea (12-05-2014), Stormlight (11-13-2014)
Old 11-19-2014, 04:28 PM
Bizarre unknowable space alien

I had a night of them last night. First, I was house-sitting for my parents at the house I grew up in. When I got there I saw from an upstairs window the neighbor drive across the corner of their lawn into their driveway. Then I walked back down and outside and someone had covered the lawn in Christmas decorations. There were groups of Christmas trees with fake snow and figures and miles of candy-striped red and white ribbon. I was pissed! But I didn't know if you could call the cops because someone decorated your lawn.

I went back inside and found a window broken in, so I did call the cops. I ranted to them about the decorations saying, "It looked like the sugar plum fairy pooped all over the lawn." When they got there they found the guy still in the house and I said the same thing to him. I know at one point I said, "I don't even do Christmas." The sugar plum fairy line was more memorable, though. Later, I saw the neighbor cut across the lawn again and realized he was doing it on purpose to make his route a little shorter. I knew my dad would be pissed and wondered if there was anything I could do about it.

Then I dreamed that one of my coworkers was appearing on some talk show to help out or support another coworker. Only this person, who is incredibly stylish and pretty modest in her dress, was wearing brown suede fringed chaps, a cowboy had and a brown suede fringed bra or halter top. And then she got up and started singing a country song.

Then I found myself driving in Grosse Pointe to The Hill. I went down a steep incline at a spot where there isn't one in real life. In the dream I thought, "Well, they do call it the Hill." When I got to the actual shopping area there were many people on the street, mostly high school students. I went into a diner and sat down, with some friends who I don't think were real, just dream people. While looking at the menus I realized I was hearing the beginning of Jesus Christ Superstar. I figured out that the high school near there, my alma mater, must be putting on an outdoor performance of it. I started singing along when it got to Judas' first lines, as I would. But then I saw a guy walking through the restaurant singing it and realized he was playing Judas and I was stepping on his performance, so I shut up. I realized all the people were on the street because it was and interactive performance through the streets and businesses, which seemed pretty cool.
"freedom to differ is not limited to things that do not matter much. That would be a mere shadow of freedom. The test of its substance is the right to differ as to things that touch the heart of the existing order."
- Justice Robert Jackson, West Virginia State Board of Ed. v. Barnette
Thanks, from:
ceptimus (12-08-2014), Dingfod (11-20-2014), JoeP (11-19-2014), lisarea (12-05-2014), S.Vashti (11-20-2014), Sock Puppet (11-19-2014)
Old 11-19-2014, 04:30 PM
Just keep m'nose clean, egg, chips & beans, I'm always full of steam

[Thanks] for the pooping sugar plum fairy.

:sockpuppet:...........
Thanks, from:
Janet (11-20-2014), JoeP (11-19-2014)
Old 11-26-2014, 03:33 PM
California Sober

I dreamed I had a pair of skin tags dangling from my top lip. When I talked or breathed I could feel them bouncing against my bottom lip. It was annoying and gross. When I woke up I felt my lip and was relieved they were gone.
ceptimus (12-08-2014), Janet (11-26-2014), JoeP (11-26-2014), lisarea (12-05-2014)
Old 11-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Solipsist

Were they symmetrically arranged? If they were both on one side that would be much more annoying.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Ensign Steve (11-26-2014)
Old 11-26-2014, 04:07 PM
A fellow sophisticate

BrotherMan (11-26-2014), Ensign Steve (11-26-2014), Janet (11-26-2014), JoeP (11-26-2014), lisarea (12-05-2014), S.Vashti (11-26-2014)
Old 11-27-2014, 05:03 AM
Flipper 11/11

I had this dream once where I think I was standing in my living room, when some British woman approached me and, with a very distinct (and proper) accent said, "Would you like a bl**job?" And I said, "Yeah!" And I quickly dug my wallet out of my pocket and proceeded to pull out some bills but, they all had pictures of dinosaurs on them. And I go, "Huh? . . . I guess that's about it," which is about the time I woke up I believe. :yup:

Oh, I'm not even sure I looked the woman in the face. It was just the sound of her voice that got me going. :giggle:

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (11-28-2014), lisarea (12-05-2014)
Old 11-27-2014, 05:34 AM
Flipper 11/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I went into a diner and sat down, with some friends who I don't think were real, just dream people.
Or, maybe you were just a dream person to them? I mean how do you tell? While it's funny how the mind can make up the entire experience on its own. I for one don't believe it does. It's almost like you're transported into an entirely different realm.

Hmm . . . I wonder if it has anything to do with the number 343? (the post number). Maybe that came from the same realm too? :yup:

Oh, the number 343 shows up three or four places in the excerpt (in the post), beginning with paragraph 156. It's also the basis for the number 11:11 in my avatar, as shown in the legend in the Rhythm of the Universe diagram at the bottom. And here, the numbers 343 and 479 portray the same idea, otherwise I would have left off with just the number 11 in the line above that: i.e., the Holy Marriage (7) which, is 7 x 7 x 7 or, 32 (+) 23 = 343.

I just added the 11:11 to my avatar today by the way. While I portray the two dolphins in the 11:11/11:12 thread here. So, maybe the whole thing is just a coincidence? :cool: I certainly don't believe it is, at least not up to this point. While it certainly lends itself to the idea, if the people we meet up with in our dreams were actually real, albeit more than likely have already passed on. This is why people don't typically talk about sharing the same dream, although it does happen from time to time.

It even happened to me once, although the person I was talking to immediately dismissed it as a coincidence and walked off, before giving me a chance to say anything. Of course we didn't actually compare notes and, since he seemed so deadset on what he said, I figured it would be best just to leave it alone.

Like to download a copy of my book, The Advent of Dionysus? . . . It's free! :whup:

Last edited by Iacchus; 11-27-2014 at 07:24 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:46 AM
A Very Gentle Bort

I'm running late for an important awards dinner or something. Maybe I'm the honoree, I don't know. In addition to being late, I'm trying to get my shirt on but it doesn't quite fit. It's, like, half a size too small. Some of the buttons can be fastened but not all of them.

Most of the panic is because I'm trying to put on a military uniform so it's not like I can just put on any other shirt. I find myself going through someone else's closet. Even though it's supposed to be a light blue shirt I think I might be able to get away with a white one. But dude doesn't have just a regular color shirt. Everything has stripes or some other pattern.

I express my discontent at the situation and he tells me to just put on any old shirt. He explains that my coat will completely cover up the shirt. I end up putting on some paisley patterned silk frilly thing and, surprisingly, the coat almost totally covers the shirt.

And here's the weird part, for some reason in this dream - for the first time ever in my life - I'm a woman.

I blame ChuckF.

And that I couldn't get the zip lock closed on a bag of flour earlier in the day.

And Star Wars the Old Republic.
Thanks, from:
ChuckF (12-05-2014), Dingfod (12-04-2014), Ensign Steve (12-05-2014), Janet (12-05-2014), JoeP (12-04-2014), lisarea (12-05-2014), Sock Puppet (12-04-2014)
Old 12-05-2014, 12:48 PM
A fellow sophisticate

I woke up this morning from a long drawn-out dream. In the beginning of it, I'm camping out on a point of land overlooking canyons. As I break camp, I see my wife's car driving down a road on the next point of land over. I rapidly load my truck up and headed back to higher ground, as though I'm trying to get away from her. She turned around and was racing back along that point of land. I drove as fast as the little truck I was driving would safely go.

That faded right into the two of us going down a highway, but we're driving through Alaska east toward Canada. Then suddenly I'm pulling up to a large somewhat dilapidated house in the country, set back into a hollow next to a hay field and surrounded by trees. As I pull in, I see an open-sided pole barn with one of those million dollar motorhomes in it. Next to the motorhome is a flatbed trailer with a dust-covered junked out purple Nissan Pulsar NX on it.

I walk into the house through a side door into the kitchen. There is a woman with a couple of young children, and Dylan. Dylan is glad to see me. He wants to know where Grandma is. I told him she's still in Alaska. He went back to playing with some toy trucks. I walk upstairs to our room. Dylan has toys scattered all over the floor. As I survey the damage, a man wearing a high priced suit, wearing a paisley ascot tie with a diamond tie-tack walked up behind me. "You need to get this cleaned up, we're trying to sell this house. Buyers are going to be here any minute."

I turned and said, "Who in the fuck are you?" He said he was Byron's older brother Randall. Byron was the man who lived in the house with his family and allowed us to move in while we find a place to live. I yell at Dylan to come pick up his toys. He does, reluctantly. While he is doing that, I went back downstairs and into a part of the house not used by the family to use the bathroom. Byron was down there with a couple of well-dressed women. "You can't come in here, we're waiting for the buyers." I said "Fuck you, Randy," and went into the bathroom.

While in there, I accidentally leaned on the back wall. It moved. It was a secret door leading to the entry closet. When I opened it, Suzy was there. Suzy was Byron's sister, but a nice woman, down-to-earth. I told her I met Byron. She said "Byron is an ass." I agreed. She invited me to a party they were holding at the house, but it was going to be a costume party. She took me to town along with a couple other men that worked the farm. We got the most hideous costumes and makeup we could find. Mine came with false teeth that made it look like half my teeth were missing, and a t-shirt with offensive phrases on it. One of the other guys had a mask that made is look like his eyes were inside of a big mouth.

Back at the house, Byron drove up in a ratty old Toyota Corolla. He said to me, "When I get done with school, I'm going to get myself a new car." I told him Randall was there somewhere. He rolled his eyes and went into the house. I walked around behind the house, found Randall there with two men in suits, looking over the back garden. I told Randall that Byron was home. "So what, can't you see I'm busy?" "Fuck you, Randy."

Party evening. Suzy made a grand entrance in a light blue metallic painted helicopter, after it landed, the front of the aircraft opened up like a sideways clamshell, a stairway folded down. Suzy was accompanied by two other women, very attractive women, a blonde dressed in white, and a brunette in black. Suzy was a flaming redhead, wearing a gown that matched the helicopter's color. These three were to be mine and the two farmhands' dates. We went into the front door, but instead of going right into the large living room, we went through the secret door into the bathroom. It was being used by a woman in a red dress. She shrieked, hopped off the toilet pulling her pantyhose up as she galloped off. We made our entrance, wearing our hideous costumes, much to the disgust of Randall and his entourage. It was fun.

There was a lot more detail to the dream than that, but that's all I can remember now.
Ensign Steve (12-05-2014), JoeP (12-05-2014), lisarea (12-05-2014)
Old 12-07-2014, 01:01 PM
A fellow sophisticate

This morning I awoke from a dream where I had lost my job.

My wife and grandson and I spent the morning looking at places to rent in Green River, Wyoming. In the afternoon I went to an office in an industrial park in nearby Rock Springs to interview for a job I was to transfer to. But, instead of an interview, I was told to leave the property because I was no longer an employee of the company. I asked why, they said that I had to know what I had done. I tried in vain to get them to let me talk to my boss in Oklahoma to find out what this was all about. I was escorted back to my car by a security guard. The rest of the dream was agonizing about what I was going to do, being that getting fired makes it so difficult to get a good-paying job: How was I was going to tell my wife? Would we have to send our grandson to foster care? How long could we live on my 401K monies? How was I going to get the bills that are autopay stopped? Could I still get that bus-driving job? Would I have to give up Diet Dr Pepper?

Oh, the huge manatee!
Ensign Steve (12-31-2014), lisarea (12-08-2014)
Old 12-07-2014, 01:42 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Quote:
Originally Posted by a dream I wrote about in March 2010
I was having a strange dream when I awoke this morning.

This was a dream about the future, a future where people flew on ultrasonic rocket planes to distant places in minutes, certainly less than an hour to anywhere on the planet. Rich people took vacations up to the international space station, which looked like it currently does, but with hundreds of pods all connected together. The shuttle looked like a combination of a Boeing 747 and the space shuttle, a cargo bay in the back half. The shuttle didn't dock with the station though because of all the 70s TV aerials sticking out of it, so the just came into orbit near it and the passengers and crew all donned jet-propelled space suits to make the transit of a few hundred meters. The suits had magnets on the bottom of the feet and on the hands, so that when the inexperienced tourist inadvertently bumped into the space station they didn't bounce off and go hurtling off into space.

The latest rage was something called a Duple (doo-pull), a sleek casket built for two, so that couples in love could be buried together, or shot out into space together when they died. People would buy these things and use them as coffee tables, they became quite a status symbol, especially the titanium ones people nicknamed "Super-Duper". There were even less expensive fiberglass models available. All of them were available in colors as well, the most popular, a metallic eggplant colored one people called "Purple-Durple". Rich people started using Duples as steamer trunks, stowing all their clothes and equipment in them for cruise ship voyages, and of course, trips to the space station. There were critics of the trend, pundits called them DURR-ples, implying they were a stupid waste of money.

A couple in my dream packed up their Purple-Durple and flew to the space station for a two week vacation in zero gravity. Somehow, when they returned, their Duple has gotten left behind on the station. Since they were rich they chartered a shuttle to go up and retrieve it. Two men in space suits made the transit across empty space to the air lock door on the bottom of the space station. Inside the already open air lock bay, they found the Purple-Durple. One man pushed buttons on the side of the casket to check the contents. Instead of their belongings inside, there was a body wrapped in aluminum foil. Wait, they're not dead. The body began to writhe about, startling our two space suit clad men.

Then I woke up, thought about the dream for a bit and decided it would be cool if one of these space age steamer trunks came down out of orbit by itself, becoming superheated as it entered the atmosphere and exploding, scattering underwear and socks over three states.
That would be funny.
Old 12-07-2014, 02:03 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Another flashback to 2010:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my dream from 11/8/2010
I dreamed of meeting Miisa in New York City. All I got from her in the dream was a kiss on the cheek, though I was going for the lips. She had identical twin toddlers, who I held on my lap, tickling them. I told the one on my left knee, "I love you," and the one on the right "I don't love you." They giggled. Then I reversed it. They giggled some more. Miisa wasn't in the dream at this point, maybe I was babysitting for her.
Miisa (12-15-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Solipsist

:glarecat:
I hope you've stopped having dreams about Miisa.

:roadrun:
Free thought! Please take one!

:unitedkingdom:   :southafrica:   :unitedkingdom::finland:   :finland:
Thanks, from:
Dingfod (12-08-2014), Miisa (12-15-2014)
Old 12-08-2014, 08:58 PM
A fellow sophisticate

Why?

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Atrium