Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum

Old 08-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Compensating for something...

Default Re: Video Games - Watcha playin'?

Quote:
shit, I have tie fighter somewhere, but hell if I can find it anymore, probably in one of the "Old Backup Shit" folders inside a later "Old Backup Shit" folder on my "Old Backup Shit" hard drive from like, 1999, lol
There are very strong rumours of a new TIE fighter game on the horizon.

Quote:
So, I reinstalled Rome: Total War the other day after feeling a desire to crush mighty empires and being unable to find my copy of Medieval 2: Total War (Total War being my go-to series for mighty empire crushing
I have the latter at home, it's kept me busy for quite a while (at least, until those damned Timurids show up). I'm told there are mods for it which are most worthy.

Current two computer games in use are Civ IV and World of Goo.

NTM
Old 08-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Now in six dimensions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Tanker View Post
This would be amazing.

Assuming LucasArts actually recover some of their former glory and don't make it crap, anyway.
Old 09-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Jin, Gi, Rei, Ko, Chi, Shin, Tei

Quote:
Originally Posted by California Tanker View Post
Please let that be true! TIE Fighter is/was terrific fun! Heck, I've hung onto my relatively ancient G3 Mac for no other reason than that I can occasionally fire it up and play X-Wing and TIE Fighter on it.

I'd be thrilled if all they did was take the original X-Wing and TIE Fighter games and re-release them with updated AI, graphics and sound.

A couple of years ago, I ran across the website for the developers of X-Wing and TIE Fighter, Lawrence Holland and Edward Kilham. Holland and Kilham said that they've been receiving tons of requests for updated versions of the games, but LucasArts wasn't interested. LucasArts' reasoning was that there was no market for Space-Combat Flight Sims, as evidenced by the fact that none were being sold. Holland and Kilham replied that no one was making any such games at the moment, so of course none were being sold. "See?" LucasArts replied, "That proves there's no market for them."

I mean, I kind of enjoyed The Force Unleashed, but what I really want is to strap myself into an X-Wing or a TIE Fighter and bring justice/order to the galaxy!

Cheers,

Michael

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum