Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum

Old 05-18-2011, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Ghost in the Shell Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenscape View Post
no, fuck this shit.

I'm happy where my vote is.
Is this flail ... or just a raven hissy?
Old 05-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Tellifying

Kinda weird for flail at just one FOS, no?
Old 05-18-2011, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elouise View Post
Quote:
it's pretty distant also-rans against the person who has come off by far most scummy to me. Pan pings mostly due to lack of participation?
You really didn't get anything from his half-arsed posts?

Really raven, you're not up to your usual game so far. FOS this ... again ... and particularly FOS your question about why Pan pings.
Interesting.

I try to draw out your reasons for the vote, and you respond thusly.

Not sure I'd go so far as FoS without some review, but this does look a little odd.
You didn't answer my question.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:40 PM

Same question to everyone, actually ... Pan's half arsed posts ... lynchworthy or not? I think lynch.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Elephant Talk

against a field of players who look fairly townish, I'm pretty sure I'd have a vote on Pan. but that's not what we have here.

I'll finish my review of his and crumbs posts, though. And yours.
Old 05-18-2011, 06:58 PM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by divagreen View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
I think we should set ourselves an arbitrary deadline for a lynching. How about by noon Friday?
I already said that I will vote for Jerome if it comes down to it, especially now with his most recent posts. I understand about team playing, but I just want to make sure that I am playing with town and not being led around by the nose by scum.

Gonzo, do you not think that Raven's posts have been off?
As usual, I'm having trouble reading raven. So far I have been more inclined to think she is town when weighed against my experience from playing on a scum team with her once. In that game she under a good deal of suspicion due to the fact of her having not been scum on Rationalia for the majority of her games there, so there was an implied notion by some players that she had to be scum. Observing her play, then, I noticed she had made a great deal of effort in trying to replicate her town game in a way that was stilted and somewhat contradictory from post to post. I haven't picked up on the same behavior here and she is reminding me, instead, of the game we played at TR where we were both town. Raven was reliant of meta in that game, to the point of falsely FOSing me, and she made a point that she wasn't going to be lead around by anyone when she thinks she is right about something. As scum, in my limited experience, I think raven is more followy than stubborn.

So, to answer you clearly, I think raven is playing differently, but I couldn't discern whether or not is reflects on her alignment with much confidance.

:thanked:
Old 05-18-2011, 07:01 PM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

I'd be willing to lynch jerome or pan.

I think we should agree on the deadline and when it hits lynch the largest bandwagon at that point. Anyone interested in that sort of thing?

:thanked:
Old 05-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Dissonance is its own reward

Quote:
Originally Posted by wei yau View Post
Oh and Megs about my claim to know someone is Town. Granted you clarified your misunderstanding, but if you had really thought I made that claim why didn't you ask me about it?

I mean, that's a pretty big claim for me to make and let it go unquestioned, no?
I was sick for a few days and I missed a lot. I've been playing from behind, but now I'm caught up. I don't know why I missed that the first time around, to be honest, and really I have no excuse for it. Now that I've seen it, however, I can't say I like it.

It's more the statement itself than the OMGUS, but I can't quite figure out why. I'm tired and I too am on narcotics. Ugh. Still, my vote stays where it is.

Also,

When you say you don't see diva's flail because there wasn't "enough pressure", doesn't that sort of reinforce my point? That she lashed out the way she did from a measly THREE votes?

That makes it worse in my opinion, not better.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:10 PM
Tellifying

Megatron - re: diva; I'm not saying that she didn't respond aggressively or that she wasn't pissy with Nightson. I'm just not attributing that to flail, because I don't think there was enough pressure for flail. I think it was more just as it seems, Nightson's style of communication pissed her off.

Believe me, as someone who is way too thin-skinned to play this game, I know exactly how she felt.

Trust me, you don't even wanna know what I wrote to you and subsequently re-typed before I posted.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:40 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Quote:
I'd be willing to lynch jerome or pan.

I think we should agree on the deadline and when it hits lynch the largest bandwagon at that point. Anyone interested in that sort of thing?
I am absolutely not in favor of this. Scum can just sit then and wait for the day to end.
Old 05-18-2011, 07:43 PM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Megs,

Jerome has misrepresented people's posts, directed the seer and you don't think that is scummy? or vote worthy on day one?

Others argue against Jerome for meta reasons, yet you eschew meta.

What gives.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Tellifying

Seer seer seer. Seer mason seer guardian angel. Alpha wolf seer guardian angel mason seer.

Seer?

Seer seer. Mason! Seer guardian angel.

Alpha. Wolf.

Seer
Old 05-18-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think we should set ourselves an arbitrary deadline for a lynching. How about by noon Friday?
I already said that I will vote for Jerome if it comes down to it, especially now with his most recent posts. I understand about team playing, but I just want to make sure that I am playing with town and not being led around by the nose by scum.

Gonzo, do you not think that Raven's posts have been off?
As usual, I'm having trouble reading raven. So far I have been more inclined to think she is town when weighed against my experience from playing on a scum team with her once. In that game she under a good deal of suspicion due to the fact of her having not been scum on Rationalia for the majority of her games there, so there was an implied notion by some players that she had to be scum. Observing her play, then, I noticed she had made a great deal of effort in trying to replicate her town game in a way that was stilted and somewhat contradictory from post to post. I haven't picked up on the same behavior here and she is reminding me, instead, of the game we played at TR where we were both town. Raven was reliant of meta in that game, to the point of falsely FOSing me, and she made a point that she wasn't going to be lead around by anyone when she thinks she is right about something. As scum, in my limited experience, I think raven is more followy than stubborn.

So, to answer you clearly, I think raven is playing differently, but I couldn't discern whether or not is reflects on her alignment with much confidance.
Am I reading this right ...You played a scum game with raven at rationalia? Which one was that?
Old 05-18-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Seer seer seer. Seer mason seer guardian angel. Alpha wolf seer guardian angel mason seer.

Seer?

Alpha. Wolf.

Seer
:popcorn:
Old 05-18-2011, 09:31 PM
Elephant Talk

I remember that game. :(
Old 05-18-2011, 10:20 PM
Elephant Talk

Some of Pan's posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pan Narrans View Post
Well, I'm back; the bugs have been vanquished. I'm sorry for taking so long.

Impressions and thoughts:

- I find it strange that teasasue and Megatron still have their vote on Nightson, even after his gambit played out. Now I see Megatron has had real life interference, but teas, what's your reason to stay parked? What makes Nightson scum in your eyes?
- I see wei is whiteknighting crumb here, I can't say I'm exactly charmed about that. Also, I feel his reasons for voting Megatron aren't very good; going for a hard claim that can be verified rather than having an uncertain soft claim out there seems sound town strategy to me.
- In spite of my earlier tirade, I'm leaning town on Jerome for now.
- I must confess I can't make heads or tails out of the Crumb/deadlokd/fragment interplay. I'll have to agree with wei here that it reminds me most of the Demi/lyrical/Ravenscape business in the Nancy Drew game

For now vote wei yau
^^ So here he backs off Jerome and adds a comment about the interplay between 3 players that others had also commented on.

The vote count (not a total count, just the players he seemed focused on)

Jerome - 3
wei yau - 1 (Pan's vote made 2)
Crumb - 1
deadlokd - 1
fragment - 0

Quote:
My reading of the later parts of the thread is a lot more cursory, I'll grant you that. I thought it better to get my thoughts -such as they are- out here then to spend half a day carefully re-reading and cross indexing 10+ pages of posts.

As I said, I can't make heads or tails of the trio of confusion. Fragment seems very focused on Deadlokd right now, with Deadlokd trying to defend himself from accusations and play his own game, and Crumb caught up in the middle. The whole thing is a mess as far as I'm concerned. And for the record, just because you whiteknighted Crumb doesn't mean I think he's scum; scum whiteknighting town to gain town cred isn't that outlandish an idea.
^^ More about the interplay.

I was thinking that he was building up to vote for one of them.

Quote:
My list:

wei yau, for reasons explained earlier
teasasue, for vote parking on Nightson, and then her sudden switch to Jerome
Jerome, more on this below

So yeah, I'm going to withdraw my earlier comment that Jerome seems town. I had been rushing over his exchange with bey, and thought he might actually have a point. Blame the cold, or whatever; anyway, on a closer examination it turns out that I don't agree half as much with him as I thought initially. His case rests on regarding Nightson as a pro-scum liar (something I disagree with) and bey defending him, and misreading bey's posts.
^^ Instead, he FoSes Jerome.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumb View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightson View Post
Fragment, Pan and Crumb

Each of you indicated you were willing to lynch Jerome. That is in fact just enough votes to get him lynched. What do you plan to do now?
unvote vote Jerome

The day has to end somehow1, and I can live with this.

So you want to lynch Jerome just to end the day?
No, I want to lynch Jerome because I think he's scum. I also think that, if there's a majority in favor of lynching a certain person, there is little reason to drag the day out any longer than it already has (namely forty pages and two weeks). Indeed, giving that person time to claim is about the only reason I can think of; the information we'll get from the lynch and the first night will likely outweigh anything that we can still glean on day 1.

I'm curious though. I've expressed my suspicion of Jerome before (and it's not like you have to dig through a ton of posts to find it). Why then do you think that I want to lynch Jerome just to end the day? Are you throwing dirt around to see if anything sticks?
^^ and then votes him, and defends the vote as not being a move to end the game day.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elouise View Post
You signed up for a game with no time limit on the days, and with a number of people who will have a variety of approaches to settling on who to lynch.
That much is evident.

Quote:
You mention majority there, but that's not translating to actual lynch votes yet. Why that is, is interesting in itself.
Indeed it is, which I meant to convey in my previous post: I don't really see why people are holding back (excepting the usual caveats). At the moment, it's Crumb, fragment, and wei who are willing to lynch jerome but don't have a vote on him. Now I can understand not wanting to put him at L-1 before he's had a chance to claim, for fear of a scum hammer; but one more vote, and assurances to put a vote in after he's been given a chance, wouldn't be out of place in my opinion. I'd like to hear what's holding them back.

Quote:
Why aren't you actively scum hunting, Pan?
Because I'm too busy trying to stop hitting my wife.
^^ here points out that there were 3 players at that point who said they were comfortable voting Jerome.

I tried to figure out where all the votes stood at the time each of these posts, but I'm lost.

Jerome had 3 votes at the time Pan put down the wei yau vote. He was up to 5 at the time Pan voted him, which made 6. wei yau unvoted right after to put it back at 5.

So, the timing of the change kinda looks scummy. And the rationale for changing his mind about Jerome is pretty much missing and seems to come down to changing his mind about some posts. And the concern about the trio of confusion or whatever he called it just somehow evaporated.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyelzu View Post
Megs,

Jerome has misrepresented people's posts, directed the seer and you don't think that is scummy? or vote worthy on day one?

Others argue against Jerome for meta reasons, yet you eschew meta.

What gives.
I don't know. Just reading his posts looks to me like... bad scumhunting, with too much conviction. It looks like too far to stretch one's neck out. I could be wrong, I certainly have been before, but that combined with some of the reasoning given for the votes on him (see wei's vote on him for an example - I just cited it earlier today).

Will I cry if he's lynched? No, but he's not as high on my scumdar as diva or wei.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:26 PM

Further, I am convinced that there is scum on the Jerome wagon. It's such a convenient wagon because everything from meta to his admittedly bad logic opens all kinds of doors to hop on board.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:30 PM

Quote:

Seer?

Alpha. Wolf.

Seer
...what?
Old 05-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Elephant Talk

Some of Crumb's posts.

Ghost in the Shell Mafia - Page 16 - Freethought Forum

^^ He voted Pan for lack of participation right after Pan had posted. Then he voted elouise for lack of participation. Then he voted Pan again for lack of participation.

Ghost in the Shell Mafia - Page 18 - Freethought Forum

^^ Votes Dl after stating that the most likely scenario was that both Dl and Frag are town. As noted, this was a major waffle, but waffling is something that I have seen Town Crumb do. still, major waffle.

Ghost in the Shell Mafia - Page 18 - Freethought Forum

^^ Vote is on Dl, but FoSing Frag for voting Dl. more of the same. He'd caught crap for his vote and earlier waffle, so I dunno, but not making a course adjustment seems more townish to me than scummy.

Ghost in the Shell Mafia - Page 19 - Freethought Forum

^^ "Cut the guy a break"...but his vote is still on Dl. What?

Ghost in the Shell Mafia - Page 19 - Freethought Forum

^^ And yet, Dl is still the best suspect.

Ghost in the Shell Mafia - Page 20 - Freethought Forum
^^ claims the Dl vote was a pressure vote.

Quote:
unvote; vote: Pan Narrans
^^ Votes pan with no explanation. Participation? that's what I thought when I first read the post.

Quote:
Actually, I am not going to :waffle: on Dl. I am still leaning scum. His early posts seem like he has distanced himself from the game and is commenting on it. Not really scum hunting, but reading like a spectator.

Then in his back and forth with fragment he seems very defensive about something that really has nothing to do with his alignment and yet he goes on about it and spends a lot of time in that discussion.

unvote; vote: Deadlokd
^^ Drops Pan, now back to Dl

Ghost in the Shell Mafia - Page 29 - Freethought Forum

votes bey over the writeboard/day communication comment.

Quote:
a bey
b Deadlokd
c Jerome
^^ His scum list. Note that it contains Jerome.

Quote:
I think diva has bumped herself to the top of my list now.

unvote; vote: diva
^^ voted diva over her reaction to Nightson's and bey's votes I think.

Ghost in the Shell Mafia - Page 39 - Freethought Forum

There is an interesting comment buried in the quotes, re scum finding bad reasons to lynch. IME scum try to find good townish reasons to lynch scummy looking town, but it is why scum tend to hang back and see what town find on each other.

This exchange comes off townish to me.

Ghost in the Shell Mafia - Page 39 - Freethought Forum

This is interesting. He's picked up on the mirror image of something about his own play that I noted above. diva tried to adapt her play to the criticism she was getting. Crumb didn't.

It is one of the things that pings to me regarding diva, though overall I'm unsure about her.
Ghost in the Shell Mafia - Page 42 - Freethought Forum

^^ back to suspicious of Jerome

Ghost in the Shell Mafia - Page 45 - Freethought Forum

And yet...no, he still thinks Jerome is town. And wei yau is now his top suspect. maybe I missed Crumb's rationale for this vote. I'll have to go back and check.

This reminds me why I had him on my list of 3...er...5, though I do occasionally get a very townish vibe from Crumb. The frequent reversals and frequent vote changes come off like confused town. The hedging, though, looks scummy.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:49 AM
Not as smart as Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
Quote:

Seer?

Alpha. Wolf.

Seer
...what?
I think he's mocking bey's reason for voting Jerome for "directing the seer". Which is a stupid reason to vote for someone.

As for the rest, well, it's nice to see the town paranoia coming to the fore. Brilliant. [/sarcasm]

I'd still like to lynch Nightson, closely followed by Crumb. I don't get the townish vibe from his posts, I'm getting a mistake-backpedal-mistake-backpedal vibe. I was suspicious of wei before but he's slipped under my radar again.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:41 AM
hopelessly incredibly selfish

Quote:
Further, I am convinced that there is scum on the Jerome wagon. It's such a convenient wagon because everything from meta to his admittedly bad logic opens all kinds of doors to hop on board.
At least we agree on something.
Old 05-19-2011, 03:52 AM
Elephant Talk

Quote:
Yeah.

and on one or more of the other bandwagons as well.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:12 AM
Dr. Jerome Corsi-Soetoro, Ph.D., Esq.

Quote:
Quote:
At least we agree on something.
At least I'm good for something.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:38 AM
Adequately Crumbulent

Crumb is back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenscape
The frequent reversals and frequent vote changes come off like confused town. The hedging, though, looks scummy.
Can you explain to me what you mean by hedging?

Your list regarding Pan makes him look very scummy. I think Pan is the better lynch than Jerome. I am still suspicious of wei, but I don't see him getting lynched today.

unvote; vote Pan

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum