Go Back   Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum

Old 02-28-2010, 09:28 AM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream
Default Re: Transformers Mafia - Game Thread

Four people are not voting:

Demimonds
Contrapposto
Slim Shady
Ensign Steve

:thanked:
Old 02-28-2010, 09:28 AM
It's however you interpret the question...

Location: On A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream

Three people are not voting:

Demimonds
Slim Shady
Ensign Steve

:thanked:
Old 02-28-2010, 10:29 AM
forever in search of dill pickle doritos

You're right to point that out Gonzo, thank you. In general not voting is not helping the town. It doesn't mean that everyone must have a vote on at all times, but lingering with no vote generally doesn't help the town.

So I'm going to vote. I'm of 2 minds right now, vote for someone who isn't playing much (top choices would be Lees or Kael in my opinion) or vote for the person I think is most suspicious. I'm going to go for the first option, partly because I want to get people speaking up more, it's the only way we'll find scum. And partly because the person I think is the most suspicious isn't really suspicious, no one is really suspicious yet.

So more talking and more game play vote it is...

vote Kael to get him even with Lees at 2 votes
Old 02-28-2010, 12:24 PM
not very big for a grown-up

I have just re-read the whole thread. Fair enough, I maybe would have voted for me too, because I agree, my posts have been lacking in content.

Early in the game liv was sticking up for Contra a fair bit. Thought this could be a cover using the "he's an excitable n00b" when they are really working together. However, that seems to have petered out now. Also, the whole liv/bey thing could be the same. A good cover carrying over from the previous game.

Early on slim was doing a lot of talking and did more FOSin than most. It got people talking and he did get defensive when the FOS was on him. However, that is understandable, so slim is on my radar slightly.

ES hasn't really said much either. Posts a "yeah, me too" post and/or switches her vote to the previous posters vote it seems. Again, pinging my radar because it seems she is following along to avoid anybody noticing her.

Contra and JA really went for each other. I dunno, but this definitely spiked on my radar. I got the feeling that they could be working together. They have left each other alone after their aggressiveness was pointed out. They are both high on my suspects list at the moment.

Demi has also got very defensive when questioned or suspicion falls on her. Again, understandable if she's an Autobot and is innocent. You want to prove you're innocence and it can get frustrating when people don't believe you.

Crumb hasn't really stuck out for me in this game. He's fairly quiet and hasn't given me much to think about.

The same for Adam, although from my notes he was onside with liv early in the game but that was all about the liv/bey dynamic, so can probably be ignored.

Gonzo, I'm not sure about at all.

Dl's posts seem to be helping everybody. He seems innocent to me but I've been wrong before.

Kael, is even quieter than me so is very hard to comment on.

In conclusion, however, I am leaving my vote on bey.

As I said before, his posts are hard to read and it's getting on my nerves now. Apart from the personal annoyance, it also means he's flying under the radar because I suspect people aren't reading them and it seems to me he doesn't have to say much in them anyway.

So, it's either a way of being a Decepticon and hiding behind nonsense or if he's an Autobot it's not helping because his posts are nonsense and/or nobody is taking any notice of them anyway.
Ensign Steve (02-28-2010), Gonzo (02-28-2010)
Old 02-28-2010, 05:03 PM
an angry unicorn or a non-murdering leprechaun

Thanks for adding some more content Lees, although I notice you don't try to explain why you've been laying low.

I would add in addition to the dynamics between posters that you've listed above, I've noticed JA and slim seem to be following each other a bit in their voting patterns. Which is awkward because now they are voting for Kael, and I had thought that I had voted for him yesterday. Apparently I did not, but I am hesitant to now jump on this new bandwagon.

No other votes look good to me, though at the moment.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:17 PM
California Sober

vote: Lees

Because I apparently need to have a post on somebody, and at least half of that analysis is woefully full of shit.

Thanks for doing it, though. :)
Old 02-28-2010, 05:20 PM

Why is it full of shit? I read the thread and made notes and posted my comments.

Also to answer Demi, I wasn't lying low. I was actively not posting because the bey shit was getting on my nerves. So, I apologise to everyone for that.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:27 PM
California Sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesifer View Post
I have just re-read the whole thread. Fair enough, I maybe would have voted for me too, because I agree, my posts have been lacking in content.
Self-deprecation. I don't think this "aw shucks" attitude makes you look as innocent as you think it does. Good effort, though. Much more pleasant than outright flailing.

Quote:
Early in the game liv was sticking up for Contra a fair bit. Thought this could be a cover using the "he's an excitable n00b" when they are really working together. However, that seems to have petered out now. Also, the whole liv/bey thing could be the same. A good cover carrying over from the previous game.

Early on slim was doing a lot of talking and did more FOSin than most. It got people talking and he did get defensive when the FOS was on him. However, that is understandable, so slim is on my radar slightly.

ES hasn't really said much either. Posts a "yeah, me too" post and/or switches her vote to the previous posters vote it seems. Again, pinging my radar because it seems she is following along to avoid anybody noticing her.

Contra and JA really went for each other. I dunno, but this definitely spiked on my radar. I got the feeling that they could be working together. They have left each other alone after their aggressiveness was pointed out. They are both high on my suspects list at the moment.
Since when do scum get at each others' throats on day one? This is crappy game play on your part, and I think you're better than this when you are truly scum-hunting.

Quote:
In conclusion, however, I am leaving my vote on bey.

As I said before, his posts are hard to read and it's getting on my nerves now. Apart from the personal annoyance, it also means he's flying under the radar because I suspect people aren't reading them and it seems to me he doesn't have to say much in them anyway.

So, it's either a way of being a Decepticon and hiding behind nonsense or if he's an Autobot it's not helping because his posts are nonsense and/or nobody is taking any notice of them anyway.
Voting for personal annoyance instead of actual suspects is not good for the town. Especially when your radar has actually been pinged by two other players, whereas bey is supposedly flying under said radar.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:28 PM
California Sober

two three
Old 02-28-2010, 05:36 PM

I said the radar not my radar.

And yes, I know personal reasons are not good for game play which is why I apologised and am now playing.

I don't know how often mafia get at each others throats like that on day one. They just came across as overly aggressive towards each other over very little.

Also "aw shucks" attitude? OK if that's what you think.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:36 PM

bah! no edits:

I only meant to bold the words "the" and "my"
Old 02-28-2010, 07:15 PM
the internet says I'm right

:search:
Oh, hai guys. What's going on itt?

Sorry for no posting, busy weekend. But now it's Sunday and I can sit in front of my computer all day and poast anything you'd like, provided you don't mind I do so in my underwear.

I'm still comfortable voting for bey, though the Demi/Lees thing has been fun to watch. Here's hoping we make more than 20 pages on day 1, I'll do what I can, little enough though that may be.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:42 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

It must suck for you to be scum two games in a row, huh Kael?
Adam (03-01-2010), Gonzo (02-28-2010)
Old 02-28-2010, 07:44 PM
California Sober

:lol:
Crumb (02-28-2010)
Old 02-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Admin of THIEVES and SLUGABEDS

:iceburn:
Thanks, from:
Crumb (02-28-2010)
Old 02-28-2010, 07:56 PM

HAETFUL.

Everyone's so mean to me...
Thanks, from:
Crumb (02-28-2010), Gonzo (02-28-2010)
Old 02-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Adequately Crumbulent

:pat:
Old 02-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Not as smart as Adam

What's to talk about Gonzo? My vote has to go somewhere. I must say you're being awfully defensive with only one vote on you. Why is that?
Old 03-01-2010, 12:58 AM
Vice Cobra Assistant Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimshady2357 View Post
So I'm going to vote. I'm of 2 minds right now, vote for someone who isn't playing much (top choices would be Lees or Kael in my opinion) or vote for the person I think is most suspicious. I'm going to go for the first option, partly because I want to get people speaking up more, it's the only way we'll find scum. And partly because the person I think is the most suspicious isn't really suspicious, no one is really suspicious yet.
Wait, who do you think is most suspicious now?
Old 03-01-2010, 01:05 AM

Not to step on Megatron's toes, but since I just counted anyway for my own benefit:

1. Demimonde -1 (beyelzu)
2. Deadlokd
3. Adam
4. Contrapposto
5. Kael -2 (Joshua Adams, slimshady)
6. livius drusus
7. Joshua Adams
8. Gonzo -1 (Deadlokd)
9. slimshady
10. Leesifer -4 (Adam, livius drusus, Contrapposto, Ensign Steve)
11. Ensign Steve
12. beyelzu -4 (Leesifer, Kael, Crumb, Gonzo)
13. Crumb

Not voting: Demimonde

7 to lynch
Thanks, from:
Demimonde (03-01-2010)
Old 03-01-2010, 01:20 AM

This is probably nothing, but it might be worth noting for posterity that our two accused "quiet" folks both dropped their votes on bey early, and with little reason, and have left them there since. I dunno if it's meaningful or not, but it was the first thing I noticed when I checked the current vote count for oddities.

Bey, for the love of fuck, please drop the phony southtard thing. It makes your posts difficult to read and obscures whatever points you have to make. Not good for town.

Kael, we need to hear something substantive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensign Steve View Post
Quote:

Since when do scum get at each others' throats on day one? This is crappy game play on your part, and I think you're better than this when you are truly scum-hunting.
This. I've even pointed out in this very game, I believe, that two scum in a shouting match on day 1 is not a likely occurrence.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:54 AM
an angry unicorn or a non-murdering leprechaun

Okay, I'm going to throw another vote Kael's way. I'm glad that he spoke up, but so far I have seen zero scum hunting from him. Even in chiming in he didn't make so much as an attempt at it. Which sets him apart from the other quiet types.

vote Kael

Interesting observation Adam about voting. :chin: I would like to second third fourth fuck it it's almost like another vote count agree with you that bey needs to chill out on the pidgin. It was kinda funny the first couple of posts, now it is distracting and counter productive.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:38 AM

Been (lazily) working on this post off and on most of the day, so there's probably going to be some cross-postage.

I don't think Demimonde is scum on this one, she's discussing and being helpful and such, I don't see any time-wasting misdirection or paragraphs meant to seem helpful while being useless.

Gonzo is being Gonzo. He's bizarre enough that I don't want to take the time to sift through it for clues.

beyelzu is being deliberately obtuse and unhelpful, IMO, that's why I'm keeping my vote on him. To my own meta-sense, that doesn't seem like a good play for scum, though, so I'm not gunning for him 100%.

livius is too good at this shit. I'm pretty sure she's out of my league and could have me thinking she's town no matter what. Surprisingly enough, I think she's a good guy so far.

Crumb's been posting a lot, but mostly smilies/one-liners. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, and I'll be the last person to admonish someone for not posting anything useful, but still...

Adam's behavior is similar.

Can't think of anything else especially useful about the others. ES seems ok to me, as does Contra, though newbish.

In a bit of self-admonishment, this will apparently be my 9th post, the least of any player, though only one behind Joshua Adam's 10 posts. I will endeavor to change this.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:18 AM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
This is probably nothing, but it might be worth noting for posterity that our two accused "quiet" folks both dropped their votes on bey early, and with little reason, and have left them there since. I dunno if it's meaningful or not, but it was the first thing I noticed when I checked the current vote count for oddities.

Bey, for the love of fuck, please drop the phony southtard thing. It makes your posts difficult to read and obscures whatever points you have to make. Not good for town.
since you asked me so nicely and without threatening or insulting me, well yur wish iz mah command.

:tmgrin:

seriously.

Lees post made me think of the mans post from last game, she just summarized. However, I am not ready to move her to l-5. I want more talky-talk
Old 03-01-2010, 03:22 AM
simple country microbiologist hyperchicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demimonde View Post
Okay, I'm going to throw another vote Kael's way. I'm glad that he spoke up, but so far I have seen zero scum hunting from him. Even in chiming in he didn't make so much as an attempt at it. Which sets him apart from the other quiet types.

vote Kael

Interesting observation Adam about voting. :chin: I would like to second third fourth fuck it it's almost like another vote count agree with you that bey needs to chill out on the pidgin. It was kinda funny the first couple of posts, now it is distracting and counter productive.
um, that was a dialect not a pigdin.

just sayin.

Freethought Forum > The Amphitheater > The Colosseum