Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2012, 12:28 AM
Spiffiest wanger

Default Re: A Revolution in Thought: Part Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Ranger View Post
Oh, and by the way, just in case it isn't clear why the referenced experiment demonstrates that we don't see in "real time" ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegirl View Post
Of course we see images from a mirror in real time, just like we see rainbows in real time, or pixels on a computer in real time.
The whole point of the experiment is that it measures how long it takes to see the reflected image of the light bulb. And thus it conclusively demonstrates that we don't, because if we saw the reflection in "real time," the calculated speed of light would be "infinity."
Oh my god, you're still not understanding. I just said that even when we get a mirror image, light is still traveling but the distance is virtually nil, because of how the eyes work.
LOL, you little liar, the whole point of this experiment, and all the others, is not JUST that light is "traveling" (what an astounding discovery!) but also that we don't see in real time, as you and Lessans claim.

Stop lying for once. You understand PERFECTLY WELL the implications of this experiment.

And you understand perfectly well the implications of how NASA uses delayed-time seeing to send spacecraft to Mars and other bodies. And that's why you keep scurrying away from this example like the weasel that you are. The reason that I know you understand, is that some time back, you came up with a desperate, hand-waving "solution" to the problem -- positing that Mars is so large, we could hit it with a spacecraft whether we used real-time seeing calculations or delayed-time seeing calculations. :lol: (No, it's not that large! Sorreh!)

So, you understand what these experiments show: that Lessans was wrong. But that is a very inconvenient fact for you, who nurtures (hopeless!) dreams of selling his stupid book to a lot of rubes and making money off of it. I am convinced that is what this is all about. You're just a would-be swindler.
Thanks, from:
The Lone Ranger (05-06-2012)

Freethought Forum > The Marketplace > Philosophy